Trading after 4p.m

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marwanco, Sep 24, 2009.

1. marwanco

marwanco

Hi All ,
    while I was preparing to open an acount with prop firm to daytrade, i was offered a perm.job in my original trade, electrician.

So don't have time at day, is it possible to find another market that is active after 4.p.m, and possible to scalp.

Maybe futures? how active are they.

Forex is not an option.

Please need advice.

I will have 50,000 byuing power and 0.001 commision (stock)
    I would assume that futures will have similar low commission.
    But I prefare stocks.

Thanks

2. Jus trade the EU (cme euro) or Jy (cme japanese yen).

The JY trades during the asian session, and the EU trades during the London session (both trade during the US session also, but obviously you can' t trade then).

cme group

3. Trade Eurex and Liffe, Frankfurt open 3am EST and London 4am EST. You can scalp FDAX and the comm is dirt cheap compared to CME or CBOT futures.

4. You can also trade any of the Asian markets with a broker like IB.

Country Market Center Details Products Hours

Australia Sydney Futures Exchange (SNFE) Futures (Equity Index, Agricultural)
    00:00 - 08:00
    09:50 - 16:30
    17:10 - 23:59 (Sydney Time)

Hong Kong Hong Kong Futures Exchange (HKFE) Futures (Single Stock, Equity Index)
    09:45 - 12:30 (HKT)
    14:30 - 16:15 (HKT)

Japan Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE.JPN) Futures (Equity Index)
    09:00 - 11:00 (Japan Time)
    12:30 - 15:10 (Japan Time)
    16:30 - 19:00 (Japan Time)
    Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE.JPN) Futures (Fixed Income, Equity Index)
    Stocks:
    12:30 - 15:00 (Japan Time)
    Futures:
    12:30 - 15:10 (Japan Time)
    15:30 - 18:10 (Japan Time)

Singapore Singapore Exchange (SGX) Futures (Interest Rate, Equity Index)
    07:45 - 23:55 (Singapore Time)

Nikkei product suite only:
    07:45 - 14:30 (Singapore Time)
    15:30 - 23:55 (Singapore Time)

South Korea Korea Stock Exchange (KSE) Futures (Equity Index)
    09:00 - 15:15 (Korea Time) Futures and Options

5. marwanco

marwanco

Thank you All,

Willl any of the above give rebate for adding liquidity to market, like Nasdaq do?

Will I suffer speed loss (latency), due to may location, Canada/Toronto?

I was thinking of playing the credit scenario with stocks, but no luck.

Other option is to Automate trading and leeve computer trading in my absence.Scary.

Your comment are highly appreciated.

6. Dont daytrade. You will not do well. Just like asking a Plumber to do the electrical.

Trading is not just pressing buttons and getting cash, it takes years just like it does to be a good electrician.

Why not take the 50K and do something conservative like buy SPY, and write calls on it,use a little bit of the premium to go long puts

Generate a little extra income or reinvest premiums left into more SPY(compounding), watch the markets and learn over time before you try and think you can beat the rest of the folks daytrading.

What do you mean open an account with a Prop firm? You are gonna get Series 7 that they are gonna sponsor you for? What prop firm is this?

7. marwanco

marwanco

In Canada we don't need series 7,
    Enough if you have 5000$ to get 50,000$ B.P
    They take 50% from my profit (If any) and 250$ /month per software.

Its standard stuff.

Thank you for your recommendation.

I was looking into the credit strategy with some automation.

Will try with Non US market.

8. You should trade at night AND be the guy who takes the calls for overnight emergency repairs that the other guys don't want to do. :cool:

9. bighog

bighog Guest

You will trade as a part timer at night and lose your ass. Trading requires more than dreaming. Then in the morning you will go to work and get electrocuted because you were sleepy and aggravated. Please do not wire some bldg wrong and end up burning it down.

The riches of trading can not be mastered so easily. :eek:

10. Sorry Jimmy but the Euro FX (Euro Futures) are almost as liquid as the ES and is highly tradable in the US after 4 pm. The symbol is 6E on eSignal and is traded on the CMG (GLOBEX). The YEN is traded there as well and the symbol is 6J. Other symbols that can be traded after 4 pm are; 6A (Aussy Dollar), 6B (British Pound), 6C (Canadian Dollar) and 6S (Swiss Franc). The Mexican Peso is traded as well but it is a nasty choppy market. The ones I listed are the best for trading after 4 pm and are all tradable in the US. These are tradable during our market hours as well.
    Please don't offer advice in areas you are unfamiliar with.

#10     Oct 1, 2009