Trading Advice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by enkidu007, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Tbill1

Tbill1

I'm not trying to be a "wise guy", but if you are not exaggerating about losing almost every day (as opposed to taking small wins and big losses), then you may be on to something. Look for a common thread (from analyzing the opposite of all your trades) and try that.

Tbill

#11     Apr 14, 2004
  2. i will be serious now first it takes years to be profitable. second you come off dumb when saying is there something to look for to just make 500 a day. how much do you think you should make trading 50 share lots? i think trading that and making 25 net a day your doing well. you also have to figure out your cost in trading that small. you need a style that fits your cost. you also seem very scared of the market which is good but maybe to scared. the stockmarket is set up for you to fail i think like 90% lose in this game. so you need an edge and a plan. you need to watch and learn everyday. you need to know when to trade and when to stop. you need to look at the hours you seem to lose the most money and not trade them. there is no secret or any book so stop looking. the tip i will leave you with is class starts at 930 be early and prepared. also remember everyday you lose should make you smarter and if it does not your in the wrong business.

#12     Apr 14, 2004
  3. Ebo

Ebo

Maybe you should average into a 50 lot 10 shares at a time.

#13     Apr 14, 2004
  4. i am joking with you about 50 shares. i hope somebody here will get my joke.

#14     Apr 14, 2004
  5. the "easy" trade would be to use about 100k of that 500k to knock off another one of your rich relatives poised to leave you a tidy sum in their will..

or, you could just sell covered calls on "rolling stocks" with Wade Crook.. thats pretty much like shooting fish in a barrell..

you might want to look into other easy professions too.. i hear there are lots of opportunities particularly in the rocket propulsion field where with a few dollars to buy some parts, a little fuel and some crazy glue you can whip up some hot selling gizmos.. might even get an easy government contract to milk..

good LUCK,

-qwik

#15     Apr 14, 2004
  6. gms

gms

#16     Apr 14, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah.....Good and straightforward post T-Rex.

I don't understand why this occurs: Someone who is very obviously new and wants to ask a few sincere questions comes here to ET and then these trading geniuses we have just want to blast the newcomer and put him down. Do any of you guys remember when you didn't know the bid from the ask? Or, has your memory faded a bit?

I mean if "enkid" had come on acting like a smartass and a blabbermouth, if would be different. He didn't. Some responses have been out of order. I think he's got a certain amount of courage, just to show up here and ask some questions. How's he ever going to get to second base, if everyone just wants to put him down? (Nobody has to reveal any "proprietary" strategy here, but just maybe a little "base hit" will get him to second base, no?)

Of course, Baron owns it, but in a different perspective, this board belongs to us. Many here are regular posters. Isn't this place what we make it?

#17     Apr 14, 2004
  8. oh, my friend just reminded me.. you could get in amway and make like 40 bazillion in 2 weeks..

-qwik

#18     Apr 14, 2004
  9. Brokerboy

Yeah it seems i'm quite timid of the market. If I'm in a position and the market moves against me, i'm out, but then a few minutes later it turns and goes in the direction I had orginally, very fustrating. I'm just trading small to gain confidence. I only posed the question cause I saw somebody a few days ago saying there was an easy way to scalp 100 to 200 a day with minimal risk. (can't remember who) If it is possible I would up to 1000 shares and try to grab that much.

#19     Apr 14, 2004
  10. This is the best advice you will recieve on this thread.

I would take the advice of William J. Oneill as the basis for my trading.
    This would give me a quality stock universe.
    From there, start on the weekly charts looking for stocks that are extrememly strong.
    Then trade off of the daily or 30 minute fractal to time entries.
    Rotate capital through these strong cycling stocks.

Sky is the limit.

#20     Apr 14, 2004