Trading Advice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by enkidu007, Apr 14, 2004.

1. I've been lurking for a while. From what I've seem it seem most people are successful enough to make a living trading here. My story, I have a 500,000 equities (no margin, and currently on sidelines) account and a 50,000 futures account. In the equities account all I want is to make $500 a day, I would be thrilled if this happend. I've been trading for six months (day trading) and have lost $5000 so far. I haven't really had a single winning day except for pure luck. It's really fustrating! Is there any kind person who knows of a easy technique I can learn withing a day or two just to start making some dough? Like I said 500 a day is my goal but i'll be happy with 200! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Oh just wanted to say the only reason i've only lost 5000 is i've been only trading 50 share lots.

3. T-REX

T-REX

You are going to get alot of stupid advice on these boards so look out!

The trading game is not easy but it can become very rewarding if you develop a sound trading plan and follow a few simple rules.

Good luck

Be Encouraged.

T-REX

4. abogdan

abogdan

Is this just me or you are that naive? Gees!

5. What so nieve about asking for help?

6. VOLUME

VOLUME

"Is there any kind person who knows of a easy technique I can learn withing a day or two just to start making some dough?"

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Pay your dues...

1) Trade small--keep losses at a minimum

2) Trade small--keep losses at a minimum

3) Repeat steps 1 and 2.

Good luck.

7. ...search on Grob109 and read his posts until you go blind or stark raving mad. Some heavy stuff there. Wear a bio-hazard suit while you're feeling for the nuggets. I guarantee that they are there. - Gilgamesh

8. 50 share lots why do you trade so big? how do you handle that kind of size? do ever take profit and sell out of 25 shares? do you trade nyse or naz?

9. How is 50 share lot big? Maybe i'm explaining it wrong. I only risk 50 shares per trade at any given time. It's very small for a 500,000 account.

10. How is 50 share lot big? Maybe i'm explaining it wrong. I only risk 50 shares per trade at any given time. It's very small for a 500,000 account.

#10     Apr 14, 2004