Trading Advice Required...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TheSorcerer, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, by Edwin Lefevre,
    Market Wizards Jack Schwager

If these don't inspire, seek another profession. You can pick up a used copy on Amazon for five bucks. Best money you will ever spend. You should open a demo account (paper trade under realistic settings )so you can get the mechanics of trading, order entry stops, etc. Learn what tape reading means, lots of fun in electronic markets. :D

#11     Aug 31, 2007
  2. lol :D

#12     Aug 31, 2007
  3. Which FIVE BOOKS are the MOST IMPORTANT books for someone that is new?

#13     Aug 31, 2007
  4. about 90% of what i've learned came from hours of staring at charts.

I gave away my book collection 2 years and have not regretted it for a second.

The only book that would interest me now would be a good book on candlesticks.

#14     Aug 31, 2007
  5. I 2nd this, the very best market info you can acquire will come from your own studying of charts and price patterns.

If I have to recommend one book, it would be Mark Douglas "Trading in the Zone".

#15     Aug 31, 2007
  6. It's funny to see the same "old crowd" always assit a newbie with these almost robotic like pre-written responses. lol

Steve told me the same thing.. The advice is not unique to each individual, instead, it is mass produced for the growing population of the forums.

God bless you all!

#16     Aug 31, 2007
  7. Sorry, if the thought of studying didn't appeal to you.
    I was only trying to give you some ideas... it worked for me.
    Maybe you should try wize trade... the green and red arrows do require less effort... good luck

#17     Aug 31, 2007
  8. no. 22

no. 22

I've heard Jack Hershey has four books out.
    Read them.
    Make the 5th something by Schabaker.

#18     Aug 31, 2007
  9. Point well taken, should have realized it was a troll when read the thread...

#19     Aug 31, 2007
  10. Comeon, lighten up.. that was just a JOKE....

But, I do appreciate your effort very much. :)

#20     Aug 31, 2007