trading a big account vs. small

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ggoyal, Mar 29, 2008.

1. cold

cold

hey idiot you are late

I already explained things to slow OP

#11     Mar 30, 2008
  2. Cold won't be around long as this current alias. He is frustrated at not making a million in a month. He'll give up and stop posting, or get banned and have to reincarnate.

A large account depends mainly on your broker. If you took 20k to 200k, then you have a method that works. Find a broker that will provide the liquidity that you will need. If that fails for some unknown reason, switch to a market that will accomodate your method without a significant amount of slippage.

You may also consider cost averaging your trades.

Best Regards
    Oddi

#12     Mar 30, 2008
  3. epetrov

epetrov

Hello Guys,
    I'm far far ways from the Big money, but I think that just conceptualy it would make the following diffrences:

1. Small money - easy to trade, but the cost of trading may matter (commitions, spread, datafeed cost etc.). I think that in todays markets this disadvantage is not so valid. No other obstacles.
    2. Big money - more difficult to trade, because when you get in and out you may move the markers, i.e. you need get in and out strategy in addition. So it's a bit more complex. From another aspect the ecomony of scale exists.

Avearll I think that trading the Big money is a bit more difficult.

Regards,:p

#13     Mar 30, 2008
  4. Thanks for correcting me ..... glad you got what i was saying

#14     Mar 30, 2008