Trading 5000 blocks, still use IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by qll, Mar 7, 2007.

1. no serious players use ib.

#11     Mar 11, 2007
  2. True.

#12     Mar 11, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

what do they use?

#13     Mar 11, 2007
  4. NickPhil

NickPhil

The previous 2-3 years and I suppose for the next few years to come I will mostly be invested in commodity companies, ETFs and I will open again positions in energy stocks.
    I consider myself investor and not a trader, i.e. I trade seldom. However, I enter into a company not at once but I perform several purchases.

E-Trade offers complete fraud guarantee. What you guys think about this offer.
    Consider what happened recently:
    http://computerworld.com/action/art...legal_issues&articleId=9012699&taxonomyId=146

Thanks,
    Nick

#14     Mar 11, 2007
  5. NickPhil

NickPhil

hellrider,
    I don’t know how to play this game successful, and I really don’t now many others that are successful playing this game either; that’s why I prefer to invest in cheep companies with good fundamentals and trustworthy management.

#15     Mar 11, 2007
  6. def

def Sponsor

another false statement.

#16     Mar 11, 2007
  7. Not sure of your definition of serious but I know firsthand several very profitable players at IB. I make some decent cash there myself.

Some things IB does better, some things are better done elsewhere. There's no law against having more than one broker. For example, IB has an excellent API that really works well for my style of trading. But some things are better accomplished elsewhere and that part of my business goes to those places.

#17     Mar 11, 2007
  8. I agree... but after the increase to 50 BP I will also be leaving... IB's fee have gotten crazy ever since announcing the intention to go public... their fees aren't even competitive anymore for a bigger trader... sorry IB but it's time to move on, you guys are getting greedy and moving away from your original model.

#18     Mar 11, 2007
  9. "cheep companies with good fundamentals and trustworthy management"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

#19     Mar 11, 2007
  10. what do u trade? penny stocks?

#20     Mar 11, 2007