Trading 3am to 6'ish EST ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by plumber68, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hi,

last year I was fortunate to have a good year (for me:) trading YM, is there another trading vehicle that might trade similar to YM but from 3am to 6ish EST ?

I have prior commitments for half of this year for most of the reg' trading day and was looking to trade something early morning.

Thank you in advance, for what it's worth I trade divergences on a stoch' and trend line breaks. scalping for 5 -10pt's.

2. Those are London trading hours.

You need to explore curriencies like EuroFX and the Japanese Yen. Preferably through the CME Group because they are regulated.

Good Luck.

3. Thank you,
    the yen would trade with the USD or is that the HSI - HKFI ?

4. Nope, I'm talking pure currency plays here:

EuroFX
    Japanese Yen
    Swiss Franc
    Canadian Dollar

Are the only ones that I would consider trading in that time frame(in that order, too).

Here's a link to a moderator who swing trades the curencies. He posts his trades, and the other guys on the forum who trade currencies tend to hang-out there. It's a good place to start picking up some knowledge (that's all good trading is, knowledge accumulated over time). I've started you at the beginning, but there's 165+ pages of good, clean (no BS, vendors or flame wars) information there.

Ivan's Currency Thread

Here's a link to the CME Group
    CME Group Currency Pairs

5. ok great thank you