trading 3 months in the US on a B2 Visa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TraDaToR, May 26, 2010.

  1. TraDaToR



    I will come in Chicago coming fall for 3 months. I am contemplating immigration and want to experience the city before going further. I will trade from my broker's office in the CBOT on a daily basis, along with meeting people, immigration lawyers and so on.

    Which visa do you think I need ? I won't look for a US based job but I will trade on a daily basis in their trading room and this is my job in France, I am registered as an individual. I will trade the Chicago exchanges with my account in the US.

    I called the US embassy and made it clear I would trade on a daily basis on my individual account, the guy told me a B2 business visa is enough. As a french, I have a visa waiver when it is less than 3 months.

    I just half trust what the guy told me. Has someone tried to trade for short period in the US as a professional paying taxes in an other country? I am just super scared of being busted at the customs :" You are a professional. You can't work in the US. Good bye, Sir".

    What do you think?

    Thanks a lot.