Trading @2:15 EST today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ganesh6, Dec 11, 2007.

1. ganesh6

ganesh6

What time you guys generally enter the trade after fed decision.
    Last couple of times I observed that market moves up and down for couple of mins before finding the direction.

So enter the trade after few mins or enter right after the fed decision or before 2:15pm.

Thanks.

2. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I entered long position at 12 noon. No stops on this baby as high seesaw action right after fed decision might stop you out in an instant then have you chase the market as it runs to the upside.
    Go BULLS !!!!! :cool: :D

3. almost feels like a potential bull trap

4. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

heavy long es.

5. lwlee

lwlee

Safer play. though not nearly as lucrative, is play the buildup to the 2:15 announcement. Good for a couple of points.

Then get back in once you have a feel which way it's gonna go.

6. 100% up room to go!!$$$

Uncle Ben will save the day with more helo money drops.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Many are looking for a run after this 2:15 announcement, who knows, 50 bp might already be priced in but we all know the will somehow find a way to push the dow back above 14k. Im sure this is the ultimate santa clause rally, maybe even new highs by the end of 2007, that would be funny.

8. ganesh6

ganesh6

Bloomberg.com reports that Wells Fargo (WFC 32.00, -0.64) Chairman Richard Kovacevich said he expects FOMC to cut the discount rate by 50 to 75 basis points.

9. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I expect 50 basis. Its the only way to show subprime market it means business about helping those adj rate mortggs sufferers.

Come on Ben !! HALF POINT !!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE !

Its all I want for Xmas ! :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. long with no stops hey?

thats nice trading work there, lou

#10     Dec 11, 2007