Trading 101

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easyrider, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Ive been doing ok the last few months. Progress has been slow but steady. Last week I came across an interesting chat room and got in for a trial. I get lonely trading at home and am constantly looking for company so I do a lot of free trials. This is a small room but there are half dozen very good traders there who make very good money. They trade a few other contracts than I do and I got caught up in the feeding frenzy trading instruments that I am not familiar with and while they made money, I lost it. Another wonderful lesson from Mother Market. Tommorrow I go back to my routine chastened once again.

2. Why not trade the markets or vehicles that YOU are comfortable with rather than follow the chat room traders?

-FastTrader :cool:

3. One way or another, we always look within ourselves and go back to the basics.

4. Bluedog

Bluedog

Isn't it true that people who can't make money trading become vendors?!

5. As long as their making money.

Trading isn't for everyone.

-FastTrader

6. Good point, everyone's gotta find their niche.

7. Bluedog

Bluedog

That is true. Although most chat room gurus claim they are great traders! I have yet to hear one admit he/she doesn't/can't trade but knows enough to teach!!

8. Yes. That is my point. Every time I get away from what I know I get burned. Im very hard-headed. I want it NOW! But of course thats not the way it works.

p.s.

9. Maybe you should paper-trade when trying new/different markets? I know I wouldn't jump into an unfamiliar market without properly studying it first. Also, try trading without the chat room one day. Bet you'll do better! For boredom/entertainment, just pay a visit to the Chit Chat section on Elite Trader.

-FastTrader

10. Whenever I try something different, I always play it small. It's a good way to get some experience without having any lasting damaging effects.

#10     Aug 13, 2003