Tradevision

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mc312, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Wow, talk about weird spin doctoring....LOL, actually ROFL, this is funny, but, once again, for clarification, and for the Regulators, let me post this.

(American Marine was/is a licensed dealer of high quality new ski boats, we sold Hallett's and Hondo's two of the biggest names back then, FWIW, and since I was co-owner, I was proud that we ran a nice shop for a couple of years). See below from those years.

-------------------------
    After graduating College in 1971, Don went directly into Public Accounting for a few years. After getting tired of "counting other people's money" - he started American Marine, a ski boat dealership in Southern California, with a long time friend. He sold that business in 1976 and went to Washington State to build Racquetball Courts and took over the Controller duties for a friend's Electrical Contracting firm. In 1979, his brother Bob invited him down to San Francisco and persuaded him to join him on the Pacific Stock Exchange. Don became an Options market maker in April, 1979. He expanded his role by becoming a dually registered trader, and traded options and ran the Bright professional brokerage operation, providing stock trading services to exchange traders.
    ------------------------

BTW, I also worked as "paperboy" and I pumped gas for a while during high school, and I joined the Marines in 1969, if that really matters to my "biographers" out there, LOL.

Sorry to confuse things with the facts, but that's ok....

Don

#21     Jul 10, 2006
  2. Does Ivan Huang do trading seminars? www.traderhuang.com . sorry if i'm wrong but i just wanted to check. I know this guy who teaches and goes by trader huang. anyways i have opened something with Cy Group. They are new but seem to be alrite. i requested funds got paid quickly. But planning to only do swing trading with them, they gave me 3:1 for overnights. anyways let me know if that guy is trader huang thanks.

#22     Jul 12, 2006
  3. From my previous post: "Please, as I've asked all the other firms of this type, please have your owners call me...if I'm wrong in my immediate evaluation, I'll post it here."

I have specific reasons for concern about many firms who are not aligned with any regulatory body. This firm may be a great exception, and I would be glad to chat with them.

Everyone here is welcome to take whatever is brought up with however many grains of salt they prefer.

I have received a zillion messages about other firms and have responded in the positive for many of them, BTW.

All the best,

Don

#23     Jul 12, 2006
  4. mc312

mc312

Which ones do you have good things to say about? Also, which ones do you know are dishonest or untrustworthy? You would be doing people here a great service by sharing this information.

#24     Jul 12, 2006
  5. mc312

mc312

Such as...? This doesn't answer the question. I understand that someone belonging to a regulatory body could feel compelled to be honest in order not to be tossed out of it or have his misdeeds recorded by it. What other specific reasons do you have?

#25     Jul 12, 2006
  6. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Haha, now that is funny.

I'm glad we all assigned someone as king of the crop and who will determine which firms are good for us.

Seriously though Don, I have nothing personal against you, but I'd not join your firm now, just from the attitude that you bring. I thought BT was good, but now seeing all your posts and how desperate you seem to put every other firm down and make yours seem great, it just comes out making BT sound like crap that is desperate for traders, and other firms more power.

Just some more food for thought, I think all these posts make you seem like an A*hole to be honest. You question the integrity of this firm, yet this is the first firm I have been with and applaud them, yet you insist that you must approve of them. I'm curious as to how many other firms your going to insist are crap? Should I put a whole list here and you can check off which you approve of, jesus christ, unbelievable.

Maybe a PR course is needed indeed. I just feel like you have lost all credibility in the last month or two with your posts, you just let me down with all the negativity you bring.

You've gone from helpful, and semi-promotional of your firm. To downright negative about everything and always brag about your firm.

It wasn't a good change and it just doesn't make me want to recommend your firm to any new traders anymore.

If you feel so compelled to take the responsibility of being "the man" and telling us which firms are good or not, why don't you call up every firm on my list and tell us exactly which ones we should not waste our time with.

If your not going to do that, don't post about other firms that you know nothing about, it isn't right and it's total BS that you have the ability to put down other firms that you know nothing about but how others have had great experiences with. I just don't understand wtf you are thinking, you have threads dedicated about your attitude, yet you still continue to piss people off.

Stuff like that pisses me off, it's kinda like dealing with eSignal now, except it's with a single person.

Don't post opinions about other firms that you know nothing about, I'm trying to help all prop firms that I believe are worthy, because one day it's possible that even your firm bites the dust, and with your attitude, it makes your firm seem desperate anyways.

It's just annoying to come up here and read about you putting another firm down while your firm is the greatest one for everyone. It's BS.

You need to stop trashing on other firms, because if you don't, i'll make sure I'll even the playing field, I'm just the kinda guy who will make it right. eSignal has yet to get what is coming to them, but don't turn BT into the eSignal of prop firms, my hatred for them, I can guarantee you don't want me on BT's case.

Funny how I have never seen you mention a positive about any other firm besides yours on ET.

Why don't you start immediately and stop all this BS about all other firms being crap and yours being the best?

That would be an excellent start, maybe you should take a break from ET or something.

I'm actually having to defend a firm I'm no longer with, and it's against Don Bright, unbelievable stuff...

#26     Jul 12, 2006
  7. mc312

mc312

Okay then, why don't you call them and then tell us what you think of them? Do us a favor and spend a few minutes talking to them. You have many years of experience in the securities industry and are an accountant to boot. You would know what questions to ask them better than we would. How about it?

#27     Jul 12, 2006
  8. I would be glad to respond to a PM about any particular firm....it's probably better that way. I'm really not into "bashing" - but I do have some facts about certain firms that may be of interest.

Regarding this Firm, I don't know any more than what I saw posted on their website...and would be glad to speak with the owner(s).

(Positive about Echo most of the time, positive about most of Generic, some Schoenfeld operations for example) The list for negatives can start with whoever kept Traders money or in some way left traders hanging, held mone for no reason, walked away from leases, etc. etc. ..quite a number have been addressed here on ET.

Check regulatory affiliations and balance sheets (broken record, I know, but I would think everyone would do that much due diligence no matter what business they're getting into).

P.S. "Why don't you start immediately and stop all this BS about all other firms being crap and yours being the best?"

I generally try to stick with the simple due diligence stuff with' the possible exception of wild regulatory issues. See above for Firm's I have no problems with.

Don

#28     Jul 12, 2006
  9. Hardly any of the LLC groups are regulated. With all the regulatory hassles, what's the point of submitting to regulation?

#29     Jul 14, 2006
  10. I've traded with them. Like others said they use laser and the charting does suck. You can link to esignal which is what most people will probably want to do.

I was paying .003 and could get ecn rebates up to .0025.

10:1 margin.

#30     Oct 12, 2006