TradeTheMarkets(Hubert)trading room ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by aspenboy, Mar 31, 2006.

1. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

You’re correct. I’ll be very surprised if their membership doesn’t begin to dwindle, as a result of what I perceive to be Hubert’s inflated ego and arrogance. I just don’t believe you can treat paying customers with such disrespect and come out unscathed. Great customer service is the only justification for existence, for most companies. But, there are exceptions to that rule. Just look at eSignal.

It’s amazing to me that not one paying customer made a derogatory comment to Hubert about his unreasonable and unethical demand, that they now buy a CD to remain members of his room. It’s like they were all scared or something.

One thing may have contributed to the lack of negative comments. Hubert has this long standing rule stating that all trial members must be voted on by the existing membership before they can be admitted to the room. If any trial member gets 3 “no” votes from the existing membership, they cannot join, no matter what they are willing to pay. The same holds true for existing members. If , while taking a vote on trial members, any existing member gets 3 “no” votes, they can no longer be members of the room. That, in itself, could prevent members from voicing any negative opinions.

Since Hubert is such a good trader and doesn’t seem to need revenues from the chat room, it’s probably all by design, to keep membership low enough to reduce the number of questions and aggravation to him. It’s not about money as much as it is about “easy” money.

Another thing that puzzles me is that I’ve seen comments by people that have taken Hubert and John’s “mentorship program”, but I have never seen any real praise about the program, which costs approximately $7,000.00 for 5 days in their headquarters building.

It just seems like they are preying on the most vulnerable “would be” traders, not unlike many others out there. Hubert just seems to do it with much more confidence and arrogance than most.

#21     May 7, 2006
  2. billp

billp

lilduckling,

Are you receiving the free short (I think its daily) Camtasia videos from Hubert's room? I'm having trouble playing it as it keeps stopping every few seconds/minutes even though they have broken them down to 10 minutes. Just wanted to know is it my PC or are others facing the same problem. Thanks

#22     May 8, 2006
  3. I used to hang out in John and Hubert's room before I took a break from it. I don't really have any opinion on Hubert's wanting newcomers to buy the CD, but I can say he was available a lot to help not only me but the other room members as well. Sometimes I would catch him in the room at night and he'd offer to give some scalp or tape reading lessons at that time too.

I've gone completely mechanical since the time I was in the room, but I really enjoyed hanging out with both Hubert and John and the rest of the members. I'm thinking of renewing my membership just to hang out with them and have good times.

RoughTrader

#23     May 8, 2006
  4. same problem - seems to hang mid vid...

went to IE from FFox - less hangs but not sure that was prob...

cj

#24     May 8, 2006
  5. lwlee

lwlee

Watch TaskManager. Looks like a hugh memory leak in the application.

#25     May 8, 2006
  6. Revolving door:
    Franz out, Hubert in.
    :D

#26     May 8, 2006
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Hubert?? Forget Hubert. John Carter is the better pick, even if he's not exactly conservative.

The whole Franz/TI mess was like a big soap opera. Some pretty sad stuff.

#27     May 8, 2006
  8. The Tradestation code can be converted to most other. Link?

#28     May 9, 2006
  9. I was considering Carter's auto trade program at one point. They would email the results at the end of the day. I have never seen anyone lose money faster than Carter did. But maybe he was having a bad month.

#29     May 9, 2006
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Check out the long term performance before you do any auto trade. Even good trader can turn bad too. I have learned from a hedge fund administrader about those. In any way you have to be on top of it or you may be parted with you hard earned money.

#30     May 9, 2006