TradeTheMarkets DVDs: Futures Trading Seminar

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spinner, Mar 14, 2007.

1. spinner

spinner

2. Why did ebay remove the listing?

3. Yeah, why did you remove the listing? People on here were interested in buying it.

If you tell us that you received an email from John Carter telling you to remove it, then that is not right according to the law because it is a law that once you buy the software, DVD or whatever, then you are ALLOWED to resell it as long as it is in it's original form as you paid for it. It's yours, you paid for it. Do what you want with it. Any lawyer will tell you that. Sell it.

And if John Carter emailed eBay and had the item removed, then he is not nice. And nobody should buy another item from him ever again.

4. spinner

spinner

Trade the Markets did indeed request that eBay remove the listing, citing copyright violations. I have sent them and eBay the following and I'm going to follow up so they are clear about it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until this is resolved.

First sale doctrine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale_doctrine
    The first-sale doctrine is a limitation upon copyright that was recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1908 and subsequently codified in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 109. The doctrine of first sale allows the purchaser to transfer (i.e. sell or give away) a particular, lawfully made copy of the protected work without permission once it has been obtained. That means the distribution rights of a copyright holder end on that particular copy once the copy is sold.

Yes, I am selling the legal, original set of DVDs. PM me with your bids if you are interested.

Sorry, I didn't see the replies to this thread until today (Fri).

5. gaj

gaj

a couple things:

ebay will remove items upon a request from the 'copyright owner'. the owner can lie, and basically, if it's a smaller person (Site), ebay will put them on warning. a larger owner - call it a music company - can lie, and have those emails sent to ebay, and ebay STILL will remove the items.

i know this firsthand.

however -if you purchased the DVDs and they're legit, as you claim, you ahve every right to sell *the originals*. once you bought them, they're yours to do anything that doesn't violate copyright law.

unfortunately, contacting ebay directly is akin to dealing with moe, larry and curly - but the stooges had more intelligence. you'll ikely have to get on the ebay live chat, and explain that you have the ORIGINAL product, it'll take some hoop jumping, but you can get it listed again.

or you can contact vladuz, and he'll be happy to list it for you with a pink heading! (joke for those who know what ebay's been trying to hide the past few months).

disappointed that TTM would try to stop it, but c'est la vie.

6. gaj

gaj

oh, you'll also want ebay to give you the original 20c listing back, since you listed it on the special day...

7. Thanks for letting us know. I think that is pretty bad that John Carter won't let you resell your DVD set that you bought from him. It belongs to you after you bought it. You can resell it if you want. I see DVD's on eBay all the time for sale.

That is like you buying a car from Ford and then then Ford refusing to let you resell it after you are done driving it. Or you buying a toaster from Sears and then sell it after you no longer need it. Or you buying a Dell computer and Dell not letting you sell it after you don't need it anymore. Of course all the above examples WILL let you resell their products after you bought them and they belong to you. John Carter is a worthless piece of garbage to do that to you.

Nobody should buy nothing from John Carters and trade the markets ever again. I know I never will. He lost my business and respect because of this.

8. spinner

spinner

gaj:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I will do a reasonable amount of follow-up, mainly with Trade the Markets because it should be most useful there.

But I can probably sell it to an ET member for a reasonable price well before I get to the end of that process.

9. This is a disgrace on the part of TTM. Especially since they steal all their indicators off the tradestation forums and resell them for profit.

Someone recently sold the course on ebay. Fair price is around $500; so you should be able to get that amount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330076378576

TTM never ordered this one taken down.

P.S. If you relist on ebay, make sure you write in your listing that this is an original copy like the auction above. Otherwise, ebay will automatically assume it is counterfeit and pull it.

10. BCE

BCE

That doesn't necessarily matter. They can and do cancel auctions anyway. I'm a PowerSeller and sell software and this morning when I was going to list an additional copy of some software I sold just this morning, I received the message below telling me I couldn't do a one day listing. This was exactly the same one day listing from yesterday. I generally run one day listings for various reasons. But today I got the message:
    "Attention Seller:

You can only list using 3, 5, 7 or 10 day auctions for this item. Please go back and revise your auction duration time.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items"
    I have a stellar feedback rating and only one negative after selling software for years on eBay and they come up with this. I contacted them through the LiveRep option but they basically gave me the runaround. Shame on them.

#10     Mar 16, 2007