TradeTheMarket 62% return in January

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by lwlee, Feb 2, 2007.

1. asap

asap

"Recordings show that he began the month with $36,000 in a/c but was trading 20-30 contracts at a time, which is a crazy amount of leverage. "

id still prefer blackjack. at least i can count the cards... but i take my hat to his money management principles. i think it is called the optimal kamikaze bet. :D

#11     Feb 6, 2007
  2. i was a member in their trading room and also bought over 1K of their indicators and CDs.

I never bad mouthed them in the past and wont start now..... but i will say this, If they are just sales pitchmen, then they do a better job than anyone else out there in making you feel that they are the real deal.

I left after a while because i just could not process John's long time frame comentary with Huberts micro quick style of trades..... in fact his moves were so fast that as soon as i was about to hit the buy button to follow him..... he was already scaling out.

THAT IS HOW I LEARNED YOU WILL NEVER EVER MAKE MONEY BY FOLLOWING OTHER PEOPLE's CALLS. And i explain this in another older post of mine somewhere in these forums.

These guys do have alot of knowlege and one can learn from them. As far as their wizz bang indicators and fancy CDs..... well .. i dont know if they will make you a better trader but...they sure make you feel like you have a shot at it! .....

I dated a woman for 2 years once..... she never really loved me...... but at the time i was lonely and enjoyed her company.... and we had some wild sex.... but she never loved me... and i didnt really love her.... but that was a good time in my life....... that has to count for something, doesn't it?

#12     Feb 6, 2007
  3. As long as you feel you got a 62% return on your "investment"
    with her, then it has to count for something...:)

#13     Feb 6, 2007
  4. virgin

virgin

have a link to his 62 % track record ?

#14     Feb 6, 2007
  5. lwlee

lwlee

The 62% is calculated in the video when he goes over his PnL.

#15     Feb 6, 2007
  6. joe4422

joe4422

It's a hypothetical 62%, since in real life he just losses people's money.

#16     Feb 21, 2011
  7. empee

empee

i bought his book, and only some of the ideas presented could be backtested (I think there is one where if you get three up bars on some short-timeframe intraday go long, and opposite go short), they did no better than random or worse.

Most of the idea presented couldn't be quantified or tested for edge or tested no better than random.

I see a lot of hype about Mr. Carter + Senters (I did buy the Senter's 'squeeze' strategy) but the information I've seen by them makes it seem like they are giving you a lot of info but seemingly always is missing something to actually make it work in real life.

Anyway, I remember I paid I think $70 for the book and I recently gave it away. Just upset I paid so much for it, bought it because I thought the guy might be legit.

I don't know if he is or not, but I decided to avoid them because I could never understand their strategies or what I could test quantfiably gave random results. So maybe if they have good money managment that is really their edge.

#17     Feb 21, 2011