Tradestaton - You have to be 21 to open account?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by romeopitbull, May 20, 2003.

1. just21

just21

check out ibs broker funds 0-600m in 4 years!

#21     May 22, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

You already said we weren't a good broker without obviously reading our website or offerings carefully. For someone claiming to make a killing I would have thought you were able to do your homework before making such statements.

#22     May 22, 2003
  3. I went back and searched the info about the "offerings" you have. Your web site looks like it was made by a 10 year old child. Everything is very unorganized and hard to find; I can only imagine what goes on in your office. After finding the information, I found it inadequate and very poorly written, again looks like was written by a 10 year old (from inner city school at best). Your tutorial again shows that your company is not ready to compete with quality brokers like Tradestation and Cybertrader. Ofcourse I understand why you don't have much info about the product you're offering, because it plain SUCKS! Your java based platform (piece of shit) that looks like was made by a university graduate from Congo. All I clearly see on your site are the prices, which are a bit cheaper than other brokers', but considering what you are offering they are outrageous. Your customer service was described by your ex-customers who wrote a review abut you. He sad it's best not to have a problem, otherwise you would get service like I was getting when you first replied to me. Speaking about replying, if your company needs to send $6/hour representatives like you to sign people up, then it shows how desperate you are for some customers. A quality company legitimately advertises either through TV, radio, web, etc. You just barely crawled out from under the rock, you are already crawling back in and if you won't do it yourself, your competitors will do it for you and bury you. Good luck!

#23     May 22, 2003
  4. romeo,

Let me step in here. First, you should know that I trade with Tradestation Securities. I swing trade, and they suit my puposes just fine. I use their interface and like it.

That being said. I know many people who are very satisfied with IB. Many of them are traders who have even traded professionally on the exchange floors and these individuals demand the best. Even they are pleased with IB's offerings. So, bashing IB is uncalled for because they do have some amazing features. If you are very sophisticated (which I would not claim to be), you can use their API to submit orders however you want. Or, get eSignal and submit your orders to IB that way, if their TWS doesn't do it for you. I have looked at their Java app and don't particularly like it either, but that doesn't translate into IB being a bad broker. They are financially rock solid. The downside is that they will not hold your hand, whereas tradestation has more customer service features. Nonetheless, IB offers inexpensive and sophisticated execution as well as ease of diversification internationally.

Secondly, have you considered opening a joint account with a parent or something? I know that sounds completely lame given that you're 20, but if that's the only way to get it done, who cares? In one year, you can transfer your account into your own name. Obviously you'll be the one making all the trades on the account. Just a thought.

Cheers,

MYD

#24     May 22, 2003
  5. I have no relation With IB. I think I should be more angry
    than you because they not willing to open account for me,
    But i am not. Because they have lote of cutomers and not
    desperate for any customer.

Just find me a broker plateform that has so many third party and
    pulgins offered for it. Which platform can sent can sent 3 orders
    buy+stop limit+trailing stop loaded togather?

I agree that "Def "should not have reponded like that, People
    do mistakes. But also you sould understand that IB has high
    reputation among E.T members. Everyone is talking about IB,
    and for a reason.

But it does not make prove that they are not good enough. Remember I get calls many times from differnet D.A.T brokers
    and friendly Rep, but i do not need them, because they are very friendly for a reason.

#25     May 22, 2003
  6. def

def Sponsor

LOL, Nana Trader is right. I shouldn't have initially responded as I did. However, I naturally take offense when someone has no clue what they are talking about. Your above comments make that clear. I've been trading derivatives with this firm since you were 1 years old. A scary thought since as you state I'm just barely making $6 an hour running our Asian operations. :)

Advertising: Yep, that defines quality. I just spent a week in the states. I was definately impressed with all that advertising I saw on the Springer show.

#26     May 22, 2003