Tradestaton - You have to be 21 to open account?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by romeopitbull, May 20, 2003.

1. NOT RIDICULOUS AT ALL.

YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME HAIR ON YOUR A$$ TO TRADE LIKE A MAN!

YOU ARE A BOY. NOW.

PLENTY OF TIME TO GIVE ALL YOUR $$$ TO ME.

I WILL BE WAAAAAAAAAAAITING HEH HEHEH! :D

#11     May 20, 2003
  2. prox

prox

I'm pretty sure I opened my first Datek account when I was 20 a few years back.

#12     May 20, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

Since you're young - i'll give you some free advice. Do your homework before making ridiculous statements.

As you state "... they are not concentrating on US securities...".

For a firm not concentrating on the US, perhaps you might find it interesting that IB is the 25th biggest securities firm in America in terms of capital and it is constistantly in the top 5 in program trading volume on the NYSE. It also offers more order types than most brokers. I'll list them here since you obviously do not know how to read a user manual or search a web site:

Order types: basket, bracket, discretionary, iceberg, instinet pegged market, limit, makret, MOO, LOO, MOC, LOC, OCA, odd lots, relative, request for quote, scale, stop, stop limit, sweep-to-fill, 1/10 cent orders, trailing stops, vwap and more.

Financially, IB has been rated the safest brokerage firm in America. I guess the fact that our front end is java and that we offer global futures and equities from one screen takes and that you can get executions well under a second for most markets around the world from this platform makes us (IB) a poor broker.

So let us know what qualities you are seeking that would qualify a firm as a good broker?

#13     May 20, 2003
  4. Whoa!

And, winning the hearts and minds of every ET member to boot!

#14     May 20, 2003

5. you aint making no money fool

#15     May 20, 2003
  6. I signed up with Suretrade (now Quick and Reilly) the day I turned 18! Then the exciting part came-- losing all of my money!!!!

#16     May 21, 2003
  7. Some companies won't let students or people of college student age open daytrading type accounts.

#17     May 21, 2003
  8. This Kiddie even not good enough in searching trough
    IB's website, and thinks few common types of order just
    what make you money.
    I say definitly, mojority here agree that tradestation lacks many feature for active and sclape trading, It is more for charting,
    strategy and backtesting. You can get them saperatly,if you us IB.

I do not have account with IB, only because i could not provide
    legal documnet from my government that they needed. Other brokers just ask for W-8 form and your passport, but IB has stricter rule regarding foreign account because of money lundering, than any other broker, and it shows their strenght.

#18     May 21, 2003
  9. I see a lot of IB representatives here.

#19     May 22, 2003
  10. If you are so rude before I open account with you, I can only imagine what service I will receive after that. You will not get a penny from me! I have a feeling you will go out of business very soon anyway.

#20     May 22, 2003