TradestationSerious Performance Issues: Alternates?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dougcs, Jul 1, 2005.

1. TS2000i is old, UNSUPPORTED technology....USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I've tried it real-time, and it frequently "blows up" in Windows "protection exceptions" especially when running tick-based charts.
    Cruz and company are slimy snakes IMHO...I'd stay away from them...TS2000i , TS7, TS8, TS8.1, WHATEVER.

#11     Jul 2, 2005
  2. Why so negative? They are still supporting TS2000i, if
    you are registered buyers, but stoped improving it.
    Yes, you can't trade it for real time. Tradestation 6 to
    the TS.8 has just gotten better and better. TS 8 is
    beyond compare with TS2000i

I would stay away from Esignal, the data feed is only
    to be used but It's Charting and TA features sucks.

#12     Jul 2, 2005
  3. I use Omega Research products since 1995, starting with 3.5.
    I use TS2000i since it 's introduction 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I NEVER had ANY problem at all with the program. It has always been working for 100%.

If you get errors, chances are big that your PC and Windows is the cause, not ts2000i. If Windows says for instance " you made an illegal operation" you have to blame windows, not the program that runs under Windows.

The so called OLD technology of TS2000i is still superior to many other "advanced" programs from today. I prefer a Mercedes from 5 years ago above a brandnew Lada.

I give my objective opinion; i'm not related to ANY soft- or hardware company in the world. This probably cannot be said from all the posters on ET.

#13     Jul 3, 2005
  4. Correct, TS2000i is still "supported" (I use the term loosely) if you have a legal version of it. However, no new service packs or bug fixes (yes, there are still plenty of annoying bugs!) from Tradestation.

I wonder how many of the complainants have a version they bought for 50 bucks off eBay! :D

Spike, what OS are you running 2000i on, Win2K or XP?

#14     Jul 3, 2005
  5. It first ran on NT4 and afterwards on 2000 professional.

#15     Jul 3, 2005
  6. Supported software implies bug-fixes and periodic maintenance releases......this has NOT been the case with TS2000i ever since Service Pack 5 was released over 4 years ago.

The Omega List omega-list@eskimo.com is just full of stories of bugs and having to "reinstall" the software quite often to maintain it's equilibrium.

#16     Jul 3, 2005
  7. Well, You and most people never like to think TS2000i
    can be used with a stolen User & passowrd and use
    it with any data feed.

If Tradestation securities fixes everything about this
    product, and most people using it for almost free, than
    who gona be using Tradestation 8?

#17     Jul 3, 2005
  8. Tradestation has turned to trash

C++ programs to XTrader API is the way to trade automated

Tradestation has a "new rule a day" program and their overnight margin requirements have gone very tight, maybe they have compliance issues at the moment{that is my guess}.

#18     Jul 4, 2005
  9. Writing strategies and other programing in C++ is very
    hard for Average trader Unlike TS proprietary language.

Is there a reliable order entry platform to feed data
    to Tradestation 8, as well execute orders for signal
    generated by TS8?

Can Xtrader or any other software can do this, so
    automated scalping becomes possible with TS8?

#19     Jul 4, 2005
  10. I have found the Xtrader platform as the most reliable and proficient as a price data feed to my program through the API and then my program sends order excecution intsructions through the API back to XTrader. I had to pay for the C++ programming, this is not my specialty or interest.

#20     Jul 4, 2005