Tradestation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Polon, Mar 6, 2007.

Tradestation: worth it?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2007.
  1. Customer Service

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Fills

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ease of Use

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. Good Automation?

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Check out this site kreslik.com TRO trades a lot of forex on tradestation, esignal and I think he is looking at neoticker

#21     Jun 2, 2007
  2. Change that to "developver need".

Tradestation get their main revenue because of their plateform usage and they need to protect that.

#22     Jun 2, 2007
  3. #23     Jun 2, 2007
  4. hektor

hektor

1/3 of their Net revenues is Interest income because of their interest policy.

http://www.tradestation.com/aboutus/04242007acx.shtm

#24     Jun 2, 2007
  5. mmillar

mmillar

TradeStation has just release v8.3 which includes automated FX trading.

#25     Jun 2, 2007
  6. To Equalizer and Hektor, I agree TS should pay interest.

But ask yourself this question: what causing customers not get any interest, It's the platform that they want. So TS owe all it's income to its platform. Take out the plateform, interest income will disappear also.

Now, it depand from which angle everyone looks at this issue

#26     Jun 2, 2007
  7. Perhaps. I'd say that many people with reasonable sized accounts should take their money from TS and plonk it elsewhere. They can of course keep on getting the platform for $100/month by simply opening a 5K futures account with TS. That would put an end to the free-money-machine.

I noticed that the average account size has dropped from the $100k+ that it was a few years ago to under $80K for equities.

And - LOL - the average number of trades (although this is a nebulous statistic) per account is under 600 (548) annually! Not exactly the active trader crowd the bozo on that conference called referred to (when asked about the shitty interest rates).

How people find it acceptable that they are being "raped" by TS on the interest rate paid on the account's cash balance is beyond comprehension. Free cash.

#27     Jun 2, 2007