Tradestation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Polon, Mar 6, 2007.

Tradestation: worth it?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2007.
  1. Customer Service

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Fills

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ease of Use

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. Good Automation?

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Tradestation provides forex trading just not automated forex trading...

Also, please do not leave for the day and leave your strategies running unsupervised. I have seen no more rapid way to pain, aggravation, and losses in the world. DO NOT DO THIS.

It's okay as a brokerage, not great, but not the worst either. For me, the charting and testing benefits outway the drawbacks of the average brokerage house...

#11     Mar 6, 2007
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

High frequency trading, which means 5 + trades a day( to me ).
    I run different systems which produce about 100 trades a year each, so I have just a couple of orders sent every day.

As you can read, It's not a good habit to let the platform run, but after several without a single bug, I decided to let it run solely. Problems are more usually related to your connexion than to TS.

Other thing : TS wasn't supposed to provide automated FX this year?

#12     Mar 6, 2007
  3. Polon

Polon

you're right, some pikey sod at TS said they did, a bit more checking has proved that they dont, really annoying!

#13     Mar 6, 2007
  4. They're supposed to be adding it soon, but they've been saying that for at least a year now, so who knows when it will be.

#14     Mar 7, 2007
  5. Multicharts is ran by Russians. Here today gone tomorrow.

John

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. And your nationality is? Wanna know where you can find 50 thousand mint condition unused WWII hand guns?

I'd rather deal with efficient dedicated honest Russians than idiot greedy arrogant tradestationettes.
    And on top of that I will almost guarantee they have been around longer than you have been trading.

#16     Mar 8, 2007
  7. skippy

skippy

Agree 100%. I'm an enthusiastic convert to MultiCharts, having had a poor first encounter with an earlier iteration. Version 2.0 is a terrific piece of work. I run it off iB data without a hitch.

#17     Mar 8, 2007
  8. Tums

Tums

this is a working program, not a work-in-progress.

The source code itself would worth a couple of million dollars.

As a going concern, probably worth $5mil. and up.

I don't think they are going to throw it away.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. I agree with you. Also TS has 100 times more supporter at least

TS need to fix 3 things with Tradestation 9 to become a perfect product, which they promised in 4th QTR 2006 conference call by doing major changes to their plateform engine

- Improve intraday Data feed
    - Add integrated portfolio testing (No Rina, grail, and TSsupport ..add-ons)
    - speed up optimizations

#19     Jun 2, 2007
  10. How about Tech support that knows what they are doing.
    Portfolio Management package.
    Integrated Charting increments.
    Developer respect.
    Just to name a few . . .
    Oh, and lying to their customers about improvements due out at a later date that never materialize.

Tradestation is a good product but will never become perfect or even great as long as it refuses to address the needs of it higher end users.

#20     Jun 2, 2007