Tradestation ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by andy4, Apr 9, 2009.

1. andy4

andy4

Hi,

I used IB in the past, looking to do some back testing and was thinking about Tradestation. Does anybody actually trade ES and YM through them (scalping, as quick as a few seconds sometimes) ?

Thank you.

2. Surdo

Surdo

I still use TS charts but DO NOT execute through them.

There are many other more reliable platforms/brokers to use.

NinjaTrader/Zenfire is a nice combo available through Mirus Futures or AMP...also available for FREE.

sour dough

3. Eric215

Eric215

I use Tradestation to trade one of my strategies which scalps the mini-dow. I place about 30-50 trades per day and I use their matrix entry window to execute the trades manually. I have no complaints at all. The speed of execution seems instantaneous and I haven't experienced any down time. The trades are cleared through RJ O'Brien. Tradestation acts as an introducing broker and is mainly an integrated software provider.

Good Luck

4. andy4

andy4

Thank you both for the info.

Have been happy with IB, but had closed account for a while, looking to start up again and thought I'd add more chart info', so TS looks like a good option. been about 4 yrs since I used them, back then I felt IB was truer/quicker on exicution, but could have just seemed that way.

Will see how TS works out in a month or so.
    Thanks,
    Andy