Tradestation: zero commission

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Oct 3, 2019.

1. comagnum

comagnum

The Monex Group is a holding company, you have to know the history of the company to make sense of the stock chart. Investors in holding companies are typically out for the dividends -which is currently 10%.

Holding companies are often created by majority shareholders who have long-term commitment to the business to manage their shareholding in group companies.

The Monex Group, per their most recent financial statements, has $2.4B in equity outside of debts & operating costs. The company is focused on innovative solutions for traders in Asia, Europe, & the U.S..

upload_2019-10-8_17-19-49.png https://www.monexgroup.jp/en/invest...linkList/017/link/IntegratedReport2018_EN.pdf

#41     Oct 8, 2019
    Math_Wiz likes this.
  2. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Only 80,000 accounts in the US? I thought it would be much more.

#42     Oct 9, 2019
  3. Now the Tradestation web site wording has been changed to: "Only available to U.S. residents."
    https://www.tradestation.com/promo/tsgo/

Too bad. Looks like traders in the EU will have to move (e.g. to Monanco, Dubai or the US) to gain access to commission-free trading.

At Tradestation they have found a fair approach: "Direct-routed equity orders will be charged an additional $0.005 per share."

However, EU residents will not have the opportunity to experiment.

#43     Oct 9, 2019
  4. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

"Direct-routed equity orders." Presumably this also means market orders entered through the platform, because I believe free orders only apply to web trading and mobile trading. If you are using the desktop platform, I believe even market orders are charged $0.005 per share. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

#44     Oct 9, 2019
  5. "Enjoy commission-free online stocks, ETFs, and options trades for all new and existing clients in the U.S. with TSgo on our web and mobile apps."

#45     Oct 9, 2019
  6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Exactly. I read the same thing. Presumably "web" trading means browser trading, as opposed to platform trading.

#46     Oct 9, 2019
  7. KeLo

KeLo

Your report is old.
    Here is a link to "Financial Results for 1Q of Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2020."
    https://www.monexgroup.jp/en/invest...kList/02/link/EN_20190726_FinancialResult.pdf
    Monex has had its ups and downs, but is still around.
    'It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.' - Yogi Berra

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    #47     Oct 9, 2019
  8. Tent

Tent

This news is a bit confusing, because there is also similar news which is stating that they are not offering commission free trading to EU based clients. It is unclear whether this is due to local EU regulation. Does anyone have more information about this case?

#48     Oct 26, 2019
  9. Zero commission at Tradestation is only for US residents. At first I got a different answer, but a few days later they decided that it was only for US residents.

#49     Oct 26, 2019