Tradestation: zero commission

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Lol, thanks Blue!

#31     Oct 5, 2019
    BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  2. comagnum

comagnum

You are fear mongering & would make a piss poor analyst, seeing how you missed the obvious, TS is owned by the Monex Group, a company with deep pockets that is leveraging TS on the global market.

The Monex Group (Japan), one of the largest financial companies in Japan. TS/Europe is an Interactive Brokers interface, I wish we could get this in the U.S.. Those that appreciate technology will probably like TS, minus the speed freak Algos.

The assumption that all melt downs are shown in the books first is naive, the first thing to go are the books.

Those that learned anything from 2008 - no Corp is to big to fail & this applies to brokers - FDIC/SPIC will not save you if the U.S banks get hacked.

TS FINRA - clean as a whistle, no pending issues.
    https://files.brokercheck.finra.org/firm/firm_39473.pdf

https://www.monexgroup.jp/en/index.html
    View attachment 210581 [/QUOTE]

*disclaimer - 2/4% of my capital is with TS, I use them for ETH futures trading & fin them to be very reliable*

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    #32     Oct 5, 2019
    plassma, d08, Zor_Champ and 3 others like this.
  3. I saw that in their financials, but wasn't sure which way that pointed. Thanks, @comagnum - good info!

#33     Oct 5, 2019
    comagnum likes this.

4. Oh wow you are so smart! When you google TS, the first thing that comes up is that they are owned by Monex.

Monex is one the largest financial companies in Japan?? really?? Last time I checked they had a market cap of $650 million and their stock is down 23% YTD. Even MF Global had bigger market capitalisation than Monex. And let's not forget, TS is a small part of Monex. In my book $650 million company is a micro cap company, if not a penny stock.

And I guess idiots like you have never heard of a subsidiary going bankrupt?

Go ahead, by all means keep your money in TS. I don't care. But my logics tell me why choose them when there are far better and SAFER brokers out there, specially after all these commission cuts!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    #34     Oct 6, 2019
  5. KeLo

KeLo

TradeStation is owned by Monex, out of Tokyo, Japan - not to be confused with Monex, the metals broker. Currently, TradeStation is Monex's best performing asset. TS earnings are up greatly while Monex Asia and their crypto biz are in the red. (p. 9).
    https://www.monexgroup.jp/en/news_release/irnews/auto_20190130466073/pdfFile.pdf

How much the new "zero commissions" will affect income is unknown. It only applies to the webtrader. There is also a $.50 fee per options contract side with the "zero commissions" plan.

Regular commissions still apply to the desktop software, which is used by most TS customers. The webtrader has limited functionality compared to the desktop software.

For instance, Charles Schwab only gets 12% of its income from commissions, according to CNBC. (If I correctly recall.)

It is wise to have more than one broker IMHO.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    #35     Oct 6, 2019
    Aged Learner likes this.
  6. d08

d08

Isn't TradeStation owned by Monex Group? Is Monex in trouble?

#36     Oct 6, 2019
  7. d08

d08

Like most things with IB these days. "If you're from the US we have this great new service for you"..."if you're elsewhere we probably-but-not-likely will offer this service in 2037".

#37     Oct 6, 2019
    GregorySG9 and Maverick2608 like this.
  8. I agree. However, I suspect the underlying villain is EU regulation combined with brexit.

#38     Oct 6, 2019
  9. d08

d08

Sure but I don't necessarily mean the EU, they have customers all over the world.

#39     Oct 6, 2019
    GregorySG9 likes this.
  10. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

#40     Oct 7, 2019