Tradestation: zero commission

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Oct 3, 2019.

1. I also used their live chat twice and was told no. Really strange. o_O

#11     Oct 3, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

I believe brokers must send all Futures orders to the exchange and there are no rebates for Futures ... so no! I can't believe US customers are not allowed to trade CFDs, yet it's allowed for their orders to be sent to HFTs which can act as CFDs if they choose. I don't think we've heart the end of this ...

#12     Oct 3, 2019
    GregorySG9 and trader99 like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Mind-boggling logic aside...Just because an HFT may act like a CFD in your thought process...A CFD is a different product. It is not a future. And CFDs are not tradable by US traders.

#13     Oct 3, 2019

4. Hi,

I have an account with tradestation and it has a about $600 in it (in cash, no open trade) Is that a concern ? Would the risk be more than $600 and would it be advisable to close the account on this ? Please let me know if anyone has a comment on this ?

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    #14     Oct 3, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Call them on the phone and ask them.

#15     Oct 3, 2019
  6. Hi,

I will ask them. But just want to check here in general - if the $600 is in cash and no open trade in it, would it be concern to just have an account there with $600 cash in it ?

Thank you

#16     Oct 3, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

One would think not.

But if you are that concerned over it, then close out your account now before it is too late and you lose your 600 bux forever. Or make a great trade tomorrow and make the 600 bux you are worried about, so if they are...

Oh, wait, then you would have 1200 bux on the line then. Geez. Tough call.

#17     Oct 3, 2019
  8. I guess you are going to tell us that you have never heard of the SIPC.

#18     Oct 3, 2019
  9. I just read about it after your post.

#19     Oct 3, 2019
  10. qlai

qlai

Well that's the intention!

#20     Oct 3, 2019