Tradestation. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Brothertruffle8, Apr 9, 2006.

1. opw

opw

Yes, there are more,

TS only as percent and dollar winners and losers, most volume, most trades, limited to top 20
    You can copy the symbols in a quotesheet, but they are a linked hotlist anymore

Qcharts has 52 week hi, lo, gaps, unusal volume, short term running etc, plus it displays top 100 stocks

Plus you can link hotlists in quotesheets and sort them on your criteria, while still being updated every 30 seconds

So yes, it is better in my view. If TS would have those lists it would be even better....

I agree radarscreen is pretty good, however, it works best on a preselected list where as tradeideas (and qcharts hotlists) operate on the entire market all the time. Big difference...

#11     Apr 10, 2006
  2. jerryz

jerryz

upload your code to their servers? if your strategy makes consistent money or is economically beneficial to them in a meaningful way, i bet you a million dollars they will look at it.

#12     Apr 10, 2006
  3. sometimes I find your comments very biased, what you are up to?
    6-7 years ago? Hum, That means you have used TS2000i only. For your info TS has more than 23,000 subscribed accounts today

Don't worry, lot of guys who making money are using TS for charting and analysis, meanwhile TS users are not scalpers unlike majority ET members who don't have necessary skills needed for any other trading style

#13     Apr 10, 2006
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Very powerful - Radarscreen gives you your life back - can be made to do much more than tell you when e.g RSI is overbought.

#14     Apr 10, 2006
  5. Has anyone ever looked at prorealtime...?

It seems to be pretty junior for trading compared to tradestation, but its free for end of day data, and not too expensive for intraday. My programming is not really any good, and am trying to find a cheap but also quality programme to provide charts, and screeners and scanners that can be programmed.

#15     Apr 10, 2006