Tradestation Woes - Part 2

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Truckload, Jul 2, 2008.

1. missac

missac

Truckload, which Multichart/data/broker combo would you have recommended for data stability? (If the market fill after x second had not been a factor.)

#11     Jul 5, 2008
  2. The obvious broker choice with Multichart is IB. With IB you have all of the instruments (futures, stocks, forex and options) all from one account, and the security of knowing your money is with a very well capitalized institution. For data, I am not sure. I am no expert on this stuff, still trying to learn it myself.

If anyone is an expert on these issues, please post.

#12     Jul 5, 2008
  3. missac

missac

I now have a dual wan router with 2 ISP providers to avoid internet loss, a heavy duty smart up with 5 hour of power generation to avoid power loss. What I seem to be missing, how and where do I find a redundant solution for both data and strategy sync issues? (I too share Truckload’s frustration with unstable TS data interruptions) Is there perhaps automation software that allows for a dual data source and sends message when there a large enugh inaccurate data match is found, or data lost? Software that best handles keeping positions and system in sync always? Would appreciate learning from anybody that has found a fully redundant solution, or the closest best thing, thanks in advance.

#13     Jul 6, 2008
  4. Tell me something chaps. Has the NT/ZF combo fixed the issues with the T&S volume reported on the FDAX (and I presume the FESX) yet?

Just curious...

#14     Jul 6, 2008