TRADESTATION: Who uses TICK and VOLUME (Share bars) charts?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Aranha, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Aranha

Aranha

Dear friends,

does anybody there follow TICK and VOLUME (Share Bars) charts for the E-minis for a long time?

If so, you might have a quite extensive database.

And if is not too much to ask, since we lost our database during a computer crash, we would like to know you could kindly send us the data for the E-minis S&P and NASDAQ?

This might be a very unpleasant thing to do, but we will be very thankfull if you guys could help us, because it seems that Tradestation don't have an extensive database...which I think it is very strange! Don't you? What kind of company is that if they don't even have a database and surely have a very weak customer service? I'm very disapointed at them!!!

Anyways,

The files are located at:

C:\Program Files\TradeStation\Program\Cache\E
    and
    C:\Program Files\TradeStation\Program\Cache\N

I hope to be able to count on you guys, since I can't count on their customer service.

Best Regards,

Raphael and Fabianne

raphaelaranha@uol.com.br
    fabiannecastro@uol.com.br

2. jeffm

jeffm

It is unclear from your post exactly what you are asking for.

What date ranges are you looking for ES/NQ data?
    Which version of TS are you running? Do you need ascii data, OMZ or XPO?

3. Aranha

Aranha

Hi Jeffm,

I'm in the need for the TICK and VOLUME (Share bars) database of the ES and NQ. And regarding the data range, I need the last contract U (Sept.).

I'm using Tradestation 6, but I am not sure what type of file it uses.

Are you also a Tradestation user?

Regards

Raphael

4. jeffm

jeffm

I have tick data from esignal for ES U2 and NQ U2. But the data resides in my GlobalServer database. That is the database used by TS2000i. I can export that data only in the XPO format used by TS2k. I do not use TS6, and I don't know what data formats it accepts for import. Ascii, I'm sure. But I don't know about XPO. Omega prefers to orphan users of previous versions as an inducement for them to upgrade.

There is a company who makes software to convert to/from various TS and ascii formats. http://www.traders-soft.com I dont have any of their products however.

-Jeff

5. Aranha

Aranha

I will check it out.

Thank you for your help Jeff.

Regards

Raphael

6. MrDinky

MrDinky