TradeStation vs TWS vs QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Relleum, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Whistler can you get book trader to adjust stops and targets? It looks to me like the profit target and stop have to be the same distance and also no ability for more than one exit on contracts. I'm using bracket trader and it's just too simple to use. One less thing to think about.

#11     Dec 22, 2006
  2. Yes, that confusion was the reason for me too, to switch. I went to Button Trader. Very solid and intuitive. If you want to spend some money on this most important tool in your trading, take a look at ButtonTrader too.

Ursa..

#12     Dec 22, 2006
  3. the bid is on the left

the ask is on the right

how is that confusing?

#13     Dec 22, 2006
  4. Relleum

Relleum

Is this common? To purchase Level II quotes for $20/mo. from IB? In QuoteTracker, It seems im able to view lvl II quotes for free. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I would rather keep the $240 dollars a year if it is rather useless.

#14     Dec 23, 2006
  5. It's about a buy-stop with a attached stop-sell. Somehow I often forget to click the right column above the price and click the left and end up with a short. Doesn't happen often but makes a lot of mess when it does and breaks the rythm big time.

Ursa..

#15     Dec 23, 2006
  6. stylark3

stylark3

I use Power E*trade Pro. I'm very happy with it.

You must make at least 30 trades per quarter to qualify for using it. But, Etrade will give you a 30 day trial period in the beginning.
    So, you are able to use it right away.

I set up 3 watch windows on one screen. The top watch window has my list of symbols that I want to watch and I am able to specify any fields that I want to see for each symbol in real time -- such as bid/ask, bid/ask sizes, current volume, pe, or whatever.

The second watch window (below my top watch window) is a big real time chart that I can easily change out from 1 minute to 5 min to 15 min to Daily to Weekly etc. It is excellent!
    I personally keep it in 1 minute mode, if I want to place a trade in the current minute, I just double click on the chart at that point and a little order window popups up with the current bid or ask quote already type in for me.

The third watch window is my news window.

Everything I need is on one screen. I just use the vertical scrollbar to move up and down the screen to look at any one of my 3 watch windows.

I can link all 3 of the above windows so whatever symbol line I click on in the first watch window will be retrieved as a 1 minute real time chart in my second watch window and all related news item headlines (both current and historical listed in most recent order from top to bottom) will be retrieved in my third window.
    And, if I want to read the full news story, I just double click on that particular headline and the story is retrieved in the same watch window below all of the headlines. Link the watch windows this way is optional. You can retrieve charts and news indivually also by just typing in the symbol you want to retrieve information for.

Level II quotes are easily accessible too. Just select it from the left bar menu and the level II quote box pops up.

Most Actives, highest %gainers and losers etc, etc can be pulled up in their indivual boxes in real time also by using the left bar menu.

I had been using Medved Quotetracker but I don't really need it anymore. I have everything I need in Power Etrade Pro.

Sometime, when I boot my computer in the morning I have a need to see a quote right away and for a situation such as this I use Quotetracker because I can pull up my watchlist very fast because the login is swift. Power Etrade Pro takes longer to load.

Hope this helps.

#16     Dec 23, 2006