Tradestation vs ThinkorSwim

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by saatfj, Aug 28, 2007.

1. saatfj

saatfj

Who provides best service to cost ratio between Interactive Brokers and Tradestation and Thinkorswim. Any suggestions welcomed.
    Thanks

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

like, "ping"

3. TOS hands down

4. MTE

MTE

I second that, TOS is hard to beat when it comes to service!

5. Does this hold true for stocks as well? Or is its primary strongpoint in options?

Thank you.

6. Cy_M

Cy_M

I don't know about TOS but, if you don't need the variety of markets and the other advantage is a global account IB offers then TS is by far better. They have the exact same comms. on futures and TS has 100 times better charting as well as many other features superior to IB, also better margins.
    What I don't like specifically about IB is their agents here in ET promoting IB in the rating part with utilizing the most ridiculous spamming methods that is a direct insult to the intelligence of the ET members. I've been with TS for 3 years and very content with them although will be switching to other brokers in the next few days because their comm which is same as IB's is very high for scalping purposes.
    With TS for 10 single lot trades a month you get the platform and all their services for free.
    HTH