Tradestation vs. Open E Cry for Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TradingBillions, Apr 21, 2007.

1. I think I will stick with Trade Station after some heavy thought. I don't know why, I just think TS may be more tried and true, strategy trading, and has great charting. Why spend extra money for eSignal + exchange fees when I can have it all in one with TS pretty much.

I was pretty tempted to go with OEC, however, I don't like their charts at all, they feel way too slow for me.

#11     Apr 22, 2007
  2. you should check out their web forum; if you can think of it, it can
    be coded. there are some presets on easy language and some ready
    made strategies. pm me if you need more info.

#12     Apr 22, 2007
  3. There is only 1 reason a "trader" would rely solely on a broker feed (and therefore broker supplied charting)... TIGHTWAD!

At very least, if trading is your business, you should have 3rd party datafeed + broker supplied datafeed.

Neither a 3rd party nor a brokerage will honestly admit how often their feed lags or freezes. The trader must have safeguards in place. There is only 1 data scenario that should affect your business... an exchange outage, where any and all feeds are affected.

JMHO, HTH,
    Osorico

#13     Apr 22, 2007
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I use TransAct

...but you should use OEC with Sierra Charts

I a couple of weeks their data feed will be available with Sierra software

#14     Apr 22, 2007
  5. Thanks Lorenzo + rest! However, I have made up my mind to go with TS. I may consider the eSignal + CME /CBOT data exchanges per month but let me see how the TS charts look. If I can use them and manage with them, I will stay with them. I primarily just want to cut costs and not have to spend extra if I really don't NEED to at the moment, ya know?

#15     Apr 22, 2007
  6. I use TS for charting but would never clear thru them after some issues on their trading matrixes.

I would consider TS for charting and OpenECry for execution.

#16     Apr 22, 2007