Tradestation Very Sticky

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Avid_Consumer, Oct 2, 2007.

1. fseitun

fseitun

Well, I am glad I am not the only one having issues today.

I found my data to be delayed by over a minute and certain charts wouldn't even load up.

I shut down the platform now.

If anyone has any news, please share in here.

Thanks.

#11     Oct 2, 2007
  2. Seems to be back to normal for the moment... at least here.

~Cx

#12     Oct 2, 2007
  3. It has come to our attention that some of our users have been unable to receive timely market data today. It appears that this problem is related to a general Internet backbone issue that is beyond our control. We are investigating this situation and will provide any additional information that we receive.

#13     Oct 2, 2007
  4. Actin up again??

~Cx

#14     Oct 2, 2007
  5. How often does Tradestation have quote problems?

Has anyone compared TS quotes to another service? If so, how does TS rate? Are they timely? or delayed?

--- I'm referring to stock quotes & not futures or forex ----

#15     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Its not jsut TS. As I posted yesterday, I was having problems with QT using not only IQ feed but also IB's own feed. I also used their simulator on a totally different computer to see if it was my trading comp but I have prices on the ES and NQ as far out as 1 to 1/ 1/2 full point. I pinged IB's server and also IQ's and its good but the data is all off. something is up at the Globex since thats what I am tradig thru.

Sucks

#16     Oct 2, 2007
  7. i've found on days like today and in general over time, TS is significantly more vulnerable to data problems than IB, even when the problems originate from an exchange or internet backbone, etc. TS will always catch the cold, but IB data almost never chokes unless trading is halted or your isp is down. not sure how their infrastructure to the exchanges is different, level of service being purchased from exchanges, etc. There have been times when TS had chronic issues with certain products for weeks while IB was totally fine

even though it's totally fine most of the time, I wouldn't trade with just TS data

was there a relationship between the CBOT and TS backbone things today or just a coincidence?

#17     Oct 2, 2007
  8. telozo

telozo

Not very often. I remember two or three cases this year. I closed all my positions around 10:30 today. The only window that was updating correctly was the time and sales. Orders were executed without a problem though.

#18     Oct 2, 2007