Tradestation ver.10 for practise, how to get it cheap?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TradeTune, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Hi,

Good day. I have no plan to trade anytime soon. I would like to use Tradetstation for charting and testing which cost $99.99 base+$59.95 portfolio maestro which really adds up after a year if you are on non-brokerage account. I will keep Interactive brokers for placing trader only, but i checked their scanner and other tools is very limited compare to Tradestation from my experience using it long time ago.

I know you need to log in with User Name and Password just one time, to be able to use it offline mode or with IB data. Are There companies that offers trial for Tradestation, because Tradestation company seems have stopped giving trails, if i am correct. Thank you for any advice.

2. Open a brokerage account, fund at minimum. No charge for platform and data.

3. if you don't met minimum activity for trade requirement, there will be platform charges you have to pay, unless you have more than 100k balance in your account. please correct me. Thanks

4. That is not correct. It's far, far, less than that now. I suggest you call them, or review their offerings on-line.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Try multicharts that uses easy language with IB data.

6. comagnum

comagnum

Some of you are looking at old info for TS which applies only to clients that opened their accounts prior to 2017.

In this era - as long as your Tradestation balance remains > $2,000 than there are no inactivity fees & the platform + market data is free.

I have an equity & futures with TS & monitor my balance closely, there are no fees being taken out of my acct.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    TradeTune likes this.
  7. Good to know, thanks. I used to remember they had forex and sold to Oanda. How you can display dats chart for forex in tradestation 10 ? And do you use any tools to send singles from tradestation to interactive brokers ? I just want tradestation for analysis and charting.

8. You can send the trades from TS to NinjaTrader which allows use of any supported broker, IB included.