tradestation v. tos

Discussion in 'Options' started by HeywoodJablome, Nov 19, 2008.

1. I have searched every post i could find on ET and havent' been able to get exactly what i am looking for.

I currently use TOS and trade options. I feel that I need an additional program for my trading. I am considering optionvue or optionetics platinum.

I am wondering how many people out there have experience w/ tradestation 8.3 options platform and whether or not that would suffice w/o having to purchase an additional piece of software. thank you.

if there are any posts you know of that address this point I would appreciate you including any links that you know of. Thank you very much for your input. I take your suggestions very seriously.

hj

2. MTE

MTE

You feel that you need an additional program!? You may wanna be more specific regarding your feelings. What is it exactly that you are looking for?

At the end of the day, why don't you just test all the additional software you are considering and see what suits you!

3. thanks for the completely worthless and snotty response.

4. dmo

dmo

Heywood - I don't think that was meant to be a snotty response. I was going to post something similar, but MTE beat me to it.

You say that haven't been able to find exactly what you're looking for, but you never say what you ARE looking for. You ask if Tradestation 8.3 would suffice, which leaves me wondering - suffice for what?

There are a thousand different approaches to option trading, so from your question it's simply impossible to guess what you're looking for. I suggest you post some more details about what features your ideal software would have.

5. The message could have been delivered with a nicer wrapper, but the guy has a point. You're asking for a software recommendation without saying anything about your specific needs.

Until you determine (and communicate!) exactly what it is that you feel you're missing, going out and trying the various packages on your own is far more useful than any recommendation you'll receive on this thread.

6. this was a very simple question and i was hoping for a very simple answer.

obviously, from my original post, you should be able to ascertain that I am trading options. I have been using TOS and have not yet needed to purchase additional software. nothing cryptic there.

I just wanted to know:

1) if anyone has any experience w/ optionetics platinum or optionvue as a comprehensive software package

2) is there anyone who uses tradestation options 8.3 and feels that they can get away w/o adding additional software. I like tos, but would switch if i could save a couple of grand on software.

this was supposed to be a very simple post w/o any hostility. I guess that that was too much to ask on ET. I value everyone's opinion, but the worthless insults just don't help. these were exceptionally straightforward questions, that even in retrospect, should have been obvious off the initial post.

if you have no answers to my questions, please just don't add anything. thank you.

hj

7. You've just had multiple people tell you they don't know what you're asking for. Instead of acknowledging the obvious problem and simply clarifying your needs beyond the completely ambiguous "trading options" you lash out at those trying to help.

Best of luck to you, hope you find what you need.

8. obviously this is going nowhere. somedays, the people on this site are just ureal. unreal. hey, random, did you not read this last part of the post. why bother w/ random useless comments. not necessary.

9. MTE

MTE

You cannot say whether some package is comprehensive or not if you don't know what the requirements are.

For me, TOS is comprehensive, and I think that Platinum and Optionvue are way overpriced.

So there you go! Does that help you?

10. do you have personal experience w/optionvue and optionetics? if so, then yes that helps a lot. also, do you have any experience w/ tradestation?

#10     Nov 21, 2008