Tradestation Users: How did TS perform today? (Thursday)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by seasideheights, Aug 16, 2007.

1. How were Tradestation's quotes during the heavy market volume day?

How about stock executions?

2. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Tradestation was terrible today. My Tick charts of the ES locked up and toward the end of the day I couldn't get any data from my Time & Sales.

I normally use Ninjatrader to trade with, but decided to use my Tradestation account instead. No luck getting any prices of the ES toward the end of the day on the Matrix.

3. I don't use ES tick charts but my data was fine and so were my stock executions.

4. I had to take Thursday 8/16 off due to traveling. but today, Friday 8/17, TS data and executions were perfect through the fed cut volatility. even more impressive considering how far I am from the East coast.

5. I had an issue where tradestation froze up on me in the early part of the day (8/16).

6. Tradestation is terrible during volatile periods. If your trying to play the volatility by scalping TS will leave you very frustrated.

That was my experience, I have now moved up to CQG, have had no trouble so far.

7. ess1096

ess1096

After speaking with a TS rep today about opening an account, he sent me some info via e-mail. Interesting note at the bottom of the e-mail that might pertain to this thread:

Please visit our Web site for relevant disclosures. System access and trade placement and execution may be delayed or fail due to market volatility and volume, quote delays, system and software errors, Internet traffic, outages and other factors.

8. Opra

Opra

FWIW, I have not noticed any significant lag during the last two days furious trading and I do watch volume charts on the mini's.

My config is Intel Core 2 Dual at 2.4ghz with 2gig ram and XP SP2. Internet connection is verizon dsl. On that pc, I run TS and 2 sessions of IB WS and two booktrader session.

Having said that, I trade mainly w/ IB and during the last few days, did you ever experience that your buy/sell order is filled even before it is printed in the booktrader dom. Market was that fast so I would think it is normal to have some lag.

I am not singing any brokers' praises and not a fan of TS. I just think that when you state a problem, better give the complete picture so as the situation can be objectively assessed.