Tradestation to IB automation macro

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AnomalyResearch, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Raymond,

Thanks very much for writing. I have a few friends who are all extremely pleased with ninja, and I have considered it as an option for automating my strategies. They are REALLY into your product.

My holdup is that with all the free products available to do this (however good or bad), I have a hard time spending $240 a year for this functionality. Rather I am thinking about budging and going for a TS broker acct which would actually save me $1200 a year and give me free auto instead (as much as I dont fully trust their operation for reliability, and as slow as their quotes are compared to IB). I realize ninja does a whole lot more than automation. If there were a way to purchase just the automation component for a small one-time fee rather than a monthly, that would be something to consider.

THanks very much
    Sean

Something tells me, whether I spend $240 for ninja, the top shelf solution, or save $1200 for TS (the bottom shelf solution), when all is said and done both solutions will probably end up the same. The money I spend on ninja will make up what I would save on TS, and the money I save on TS would get spent on slippage and outages. I'm trading a swing timeframe, so my P&L isnt as sensitive to slip as it would be for an indi 500 scalper.

Nonetheless, congratulations, I understand you have an outstanding product.

#51     Aug 20, 2003
  2. Thanks Sean,

Always good to hear positive feedback. Good luck with what ever route you decide to go.

#52     Aug 20, 2003
  3. brooks

brooks

Hello Shadowpug

I went to check out the link you have above for sample code and Cripes.....I have to ask you if its possible to run any TS system on Ninja in auto style on any time frame below daily bars?

I can see my CPU just burning up crunching those txt files each bar? Is it really necessary to add any code to have ninja work in auto mode ?

#53     Aug 20, 2003
  4. Sure you can run strategies using bar sizes less than daily. The code was not written by me and I am not familiar with EL. I can say that you do need to add code to your strategy in order to generate the text file when your system generates signals. Not sure about your systems, but mine do not generate signals on every bar. My personal system generates 2-5 trades per day on 10 minute bars. That means my charting application is only generating the text files 2-5 times a day. Its really not a burden on an up to date PC.

#54     Aug 20, 2003
  5. Have added Synchronizer for Tradestation/Auto-Q-tion/IB TWS
    trading automation to website. It issues market orders to "track"
    a system running on TS 6.0 and higher. No programming required.
    Runs as an indicator on a chart with strategy. Use at your own risk of course.........

www.auto-q-tion.netfirms.com

Q`

#55     Oct 23, 2003