Tradestation to IB automation macro

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AnomalyResearch, Feb 15, 2002.

1. DaveN

DaveN

It's already in there. I haven't used Metastock for over 1 year, but I remember in Version 7.03 there was an easy way to link your data series or indicator to Excel (like "drag and drop" easy...). If you can write the Expert, you can put the same basic code into an indicator. The rest of the work will be done in Excel (as you'll see from the spreadsheet you've requested).

I'd offer more help, but it's been too long since I worked with Metastock. Check out the Equis maillist or pose any additional questions to Yahoo! groups [metastockusers]. There should be plenty of helpful users there.

#11     Feb 26, 2002
  2. jeffm

jeffm

I am in the process of opening an account a www.efloortrade.com specifically for the purpose of using their TS autoexecutor system. If this thread is still going after I have made a few trades with efloortrade, I will report back on how it is going.

The fellow at efloortrade I talked to said they currently have about 10 people using autoexecutor currently. That definitely makes me feel like a beta tester, with the extra benefit of using my own money for the test. So I will definitely use my 95% accurate, 4.0 profit factor system for the test :D

efloortrade's commish for the emini is six or seven bucks, which is very competetive even for a normal emini broker.

#12     Feb 26, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

is efloortrade's commision 6 or 7 and is that per side or r/t

#13     Feb 27, 2002
  4. jeffm

jeffm

I dont recall if the price was $5.95 or $6.95. I wrote the number down at the office, but I dont recall exactly. I just know that it was competetive. And that is round-turn. I *assume* that is all fees inclusive, but I didn't ask specifically, so caveat emptor. I will say this...you call their number...a live body answers the phone in 3 rings. Try that at IB.

#14     Feb 27, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

i will call them, but if you are in the middle of opening an account with them you might want to check for sure the rate for yourself- certainly whether it is one way or r/t?

#15     Feb 27, 2002
  6. stevet

stevet

sorry, just saw that you did state it was r/t - i have just found Man to be a more expensive clearer than the others, and the gni link did not work on their site - but thanks for the tip anyway

#16     Feb 27, 2002
  7. scouse

scouse

I would much appreciate a copy of your macro, and i would be glad to send you any feedback you require.

My email address is markmorrissey@clara.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Mark

#17     Feb 27, 2002
  8. DP22

DP22

I haven't been able to figure out how to use anomalyresearch's macro for IB. I am no expert in this programming stuff.
    I am using excel now with IB's spreadsheet to feed TWS data into MetaServer, which in turn feeds into TradeStation. I use it for the emini's only and the charts produced are decent. Perhaps this link is what prevents the IB automation from working. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:confused:

#18     Feb 27, 2002
  9. ActiveX version can be downloaded from here.
    Tradestation to IB automation of order placement.
    This is freeware so don't complain and don't even think of getting huffy if you lose money with it............

Q`

#19     Mar 15, 2002
  10. Attachment is the Q_zecution_X.xls file

#20     Mar 15, 2002