Tradestation strategy running for 200 stocks

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by logikos, Jan 2, 2006.

1. logikos

logikos

Hello,

I have written a strategy which has good results for my top 200 stocks. Each stock use a different set of parameters for optimum results. I would like to have the signals sent to the Trade Manager (I have an account with another broker besides TS Securities).

Now for the question. How the heck can I run the strategy against my stocks without having 200 charts active? Seems like it should integrate somehow with Radar Screen. Is there any third party add-ons that can do this?

Thanks!

2. Have you tried RS with macro order entries? That might work.

I do this with about a dozen stocks.

DS

3. logikos

logikos

Doug, what is RS?

4. RS is radarscreen.

you can attach the strategy to a radarscreen. only problem is you can't trade from there automatically but need to trade from the screen by triggering macros.

5. logikos

logikos

Thanks. I should have known.

Since I don't have a TS Securities account, I am not worried about sending orders in from my strategy. I just would like to get the orders sent to the Trade Manager. It does do that from RS, doesn't it?

Now the $10,000 question - how do you add a strategy to RS? I had investigated that route, but I don't see any way to add strategies, just indicators.

Thanks!

6. There are a few threads at Tradestationworld/the Tradestation forums that explain how this is done. It depends on what version you are running also.

I'd give you a link, but TS's forums are currently dead and of course there was no communication from TS warning of this or when they will be fixed.

DS

DS