TradeStation Stalks Client Accounts

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Fool, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 'cause bowo has to pump something in order to get some "stress relief" these days...

#31     Mar 19, 2013
  2. Fool

Fool

People have 5 accounts usually do not get upset so easily..."No Time For Sergeants"...:D

#32     Mar 19, 2013

3. Agreed -
    I run Wireshark continuously -- Its the best way to see who is doing what to whom

#33     Mar 19, 2013
  4. Do you have any proof that you have five accounts with TS (excluding paper trading accounts)?

#34     Mar 19, 2013
  5. 5 accounts with TS is no problem at all.

They don't have a global account so you need individual accts for Forex, Futures, Equities. Add to that an IRA or child's college account [also requires multiple accts] It is easy to accumulate accts with them.

Reading Jackdog in the past, he doesn't seem the type to troll and spread BS. I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.

[pardon the pun]

#35     Mar 20, 2013
  6. Golden,

Thanks for that. In fact all five are futures accounts, the reason for five accounts is that the TS Trade Manager has trouble executiing more than one automated strategy on the same symbol in the same account and my strategies trade multiple symbols in multiple time frames but that's off topic. The topic here is the all seeing eye that follows the Fool/OP.

Given the facts that any broker can see a client's transactions plus the fact that TS is not web based and thus there is no way TS can see the code that operates either user constructed indicators or systems/strategies and as a long time TS user I want to hear more about this eye.

That is, unless of course, the fool has adjusted his tinfoil hat, gone back on his meds and thus, has defeated the eye.

Thanks again Golden.

Cheers

Jack

#36     Mar 20, 2013
  7. Mtrader

Mtrader

I called TS and the man on the other side of the line told me that TS is webbased. If customer support tells me that it is webbased I believe them.
    Secondly TS wrote software. You need to install that software on your PC, and on, top of that there is a permanent connection between your PC and servers at TS.
    So theoretically TS can download ANYTHING from your PC if they want. All they have to do is install some software on your PC, while installing the trading software.
    If you are sure it is impossible I suggest you install a small progam that I can send you. After installation I will simply download everything from your PC to my PC.
    I am sure you believe viruses don't exist either.

#37     Mar 20, 2013
  8. Fool

Fool

I have been thinking why JackDog is atrociously barking for the evidence...to improve TS's spying technology?...I know where the bugs are... Bah!

#38     Mar 20, 2013
    #39     Mar 20, 2013
    #40     Mar 20, 2013