TradeStation Stalks Client Accounts

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Fool, Mar 6, 2013.

1. here's a thought.....switch brokers

just a thought...

mods close this thread

#21     Mar 7, 2013
  2. Mtrader

Mtrader

If I am correct TS is webbased. They can access the tradeplans that you made if they want.
    If you make a lot of money they will be tempted.
    I know that in this business everybody is very honest and has high moral standards.

That's why I was witness (more than 15 years ago) when people from a major american company, that is active in the trading business, copied a tradeplan from a (former Deutsche Bank) trader who was trading for the European Community. As i was big client at this american company somebody offered me a copy of the stolen software.
    But you are right, this is impossible. Nobody would ever do this.

Luckily they are only interested in systems that make money, so for most people here there is no problem. And that's why they laugh with OP.

I asked TS if their software would work if I would block all outgoing information. They said: no. This is obvious because webbased means bi-directional communication. But you never now what goes out, and by the time you know it the damage has been done.

But again this is the most honest business in the world, so this will never happen in reality. LOL.

#22     Mar 7, 2013
  3. gmst

gmst

+1

Fool is making a real fool of himself in this thread.

Accusing without any evidence whatsoever.

Mods - Move this thread to chitchat.

#23     Mar 7, 2013
  4. A fool is a fool is a fool and this fool needs to adjust the antennas on his tinfoil hat and get back to his meds and his pacifier.

Trade Station is a broker so of course they can see your transactions but it is not web based and they cannot see the code that drives the transactions in automated strategies.

Like the man said, if this self proclaimed fool believes any of his own lame ass bull shit then he should stop making baseless accusations and take his research/trading elsewhere.

Don't worry fool - a little lithium and you will be saved from the eye.

Jack

#24     Mar 7, 2013
  5. It is not web based at all.

(Although they are beta testing a limited web access version for those who want that).

In my experience, TradeStation is one of the most reputable companies in the business.

They are now owned by the Japanese Monex brokerage giant, which also owns brokers in Hong Kong and elsewhere.

So they would not even have much incentive to steal, since the profits go abroad anyway.

Hmmm I hope that we are not seeing a reflection of Chinese-Japanese tensions (or worse) here.....

#25     Mar 7, 2013
  6. Yeah, TS is not Web-Based. IB can be stand alone or web based, but if you want to run something better than Tradestation, Multicharts is a superior platform.

Unless you authorize the release of your code, like to Tradestation Strategy Vendors, there is no way anybody at TS could ever see your code, OP.

#26     Mar 12, 2013
  7. I believe you. I have the same experience with IB. And I have proof: IB regularly added symbols to my account!

Most of the responses to OP are from brokers who lurk on ET, pretending to be traders. They are immoral thieves!

To answer your question of how to resolve this issue:

If your strategy is automated, try to build some misleading and erroneous elements into it. When they copy it, it won't work, and your broker will lose money if they use it.

If your strategy has human elements, they can't do anything.

#27     Mar 18, 2013
  8. I don't think you have 5 accounts with Trade Station.

I suspect you are a broker working for Trade Station!

#28     Mar 18, 2013
  9. Why are you always pumping multi charts?

#29     Mar 18, 2013

10. Ass shows ass.

Trade Station doesn't have brokers as such. Virtually every execution is done by the customer electronically and those that do take orders don't have individual clients and are on salary. And, yes, I do have five TS accounts with TS.

My guess is that profitloss999 is mostly loss and doesn't have five accounts anywhere if he/she has even one.

You and Fool/OP should get a room. Do you see the eye too and does the eye see your trading also?

Jack

#30     Mar 19, 2013