TradeStation Securities Lowers Thresholds By Over 90%.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MichaelD, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Trent

Trent

Will the OSO be maintained at the end-users computer or at your server? My point is that the most likely break in the chain is between you and the end-user. I often have orders sitting for minutes or more waiting to be filled. My button-trader stores the stop and target orders at my computers until my entry order is filled and then sends the stop loss and target to IB and then they reside at IB's server or at the exchange depending of the order type, so I am more vulnerable until my order is filled as a break at my end at that point will leave my entry order resting at IB or exchange with no stop loss.

I do not like this one bit and would prefer that the conditional ("OSO") orders sit at the brokers server right from the start and not only after the entry order is filled.

So how is it done with your solution?

Trent

#21     Aug 5, 2005
  2. MichaelD,

I got email from TS add-on vendor saying that you will be
    offering free data as well? How possible anything like it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IF YOU OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH TRADESTATION AND DO 50 ROUND TURN FUTURE TRADES.......PER MONTH...YOU GET TO USE TRADESTATION'S PLATFORM AND LIVE DATA..FOR FREE. That's right....if you average 2.5 round turns per day you pay no data feed, no platform fee

I had to repeat that portion of the recent message from Wayne.--NO FEE FOR DATA FEED AND PLATFORM. That is pretty impressive. Just something for all of you to think about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22     Aug 5, 2005
  3. We would still pay exchange fees, which are quite high on ts right?

#23     Aug 5, 2005
  4. "WE" have to pay exchange fee, and if not, then it's somthing
    extraordinary, and they will be competing with IB (IB don't
    charge US exchange fees).

For now TS charge for exchange fees are same as other brokerage.

#24     Aug 5, 2005
  5. GTC

GTC

MichaelD,

What would be the recommended memory/disk_space requirements to run TradeStation 8.1 SP1 reasonably fast?

#25     Aug 7, 2005
  6. Hoi

Hoi

This is NOT correct. You can easily configure your ButtonTrader Strategies with the feature "Attached-to-Open-Order", in which case the Target and the Stop order are both send to the IB-Servers at the SAME moment as your Open Order.

If you have questions how to do this in ButtonTrader, please PM me.

#26     Aug 8, 2005
  7. Trent

Trent

Ah this is very good to hear. I somehow missed this when setting my Button-Trader up and as default it works as I described. Btw your documentation leaves some room for improvement, program is superb :)

Thanks for your reply.

Trent

#27     Aug 8, 2005
  8. Hoi

Hoi

You are correct. And this will be solved in 2 a 3 weeks (then a new set of documentation will be available).
    Thanks for the suggestion.

#28     Aug 8, 2005
  9. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

GTC,

The minimum are:

Processor:
    450 MHz Pentium II or better

RAM:
    256 MB

Hard Drive:
    65 MB free space

Monitor:
    1024x768 monitor resolution or higher

Operating System:
    Windows 2000/XP

Software:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    (version 5.5 SP 2 or higher)

Internet Connection:
    Dial-Up (56K bps) or Direct (ISDN, Cable Modem, DSL, T1) connection to the Internet

We recommend that memory/disk space be as large as possible. TradeStation utilizes approximately 100MB of hard drive space, but will use more if available. We do not recommend upgrading your hard drive on existing machines. Attached is a link that will give you more information on the recommended requirements.
    Question #1 under "Requirements" https://www.tradestation.com/support/faq/faq_upgrading.aspx#anchor2

#29     Aug 8, 2005
  10. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Nana Trader,

This add-on vendor is incorrect. The base platform fee for TradeStation and RadarScreen (if applicable) in the current month are waived when meeting the new thresholds. The exchange fees are pass though fees.

#30     Aug 8, 2005