TradeStation Securities Lowers Thresholds By Over 90%.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by MichaelD, Aug 4, 2005.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Effective September 1, 2005, TradeStation Securities has reduced by over 90% the thresholds at which clients monthly platform fees for TradeStation and RadarScreen will be waived.

Accounts meeting any of the following criteria in the preceding month will not be charged a monthly base platform fee for TradeStation or RadarScreen (if applicable) in the current month:

* Equity accounts executing 25,000 (reduced from 250,000) or more shares in the previous calendar month; or

* Options accounts executing 100 (reduced from 2,500) or more contracts in the previous calendar month;

* Futures accounts executing 50 (reduced from 500) or more round-turn E-Mini Futures contracts, or 100 or more round-turn Security

* Futures contracts, in the previous calendar month; or

* Forex accounts executing 25 round-turn lots (reduced from 500)/250 round-turn mini-lots or more in the previous calendar month

* Equity, options, futures or forex accounts with a balance of $1 million or more on the last day of the previous calendar month

2. Can those with a forex account with you trade futures in it or do they need to open another account? I do have a forex acount with you, but never used it, so if I could combine it with emini trading, I would seriously consider giving this a shot...

3. Ebo

Ebo

No!

4. That is correct.

TS self-clears for equities.
    They use RJO for Futures.
    And now have gone to Gain for spotFX.

So three different accounts are possible. You'll need to open the customary $5K minimum futures account with them to trade eMinis.

I don't know what TS's plans are for Futures, I would gather it is only a matter of time before they self-clear Futures as well.

5. tango29

tango29

Hello Michael,
    Has Tradestation given any thought to lower commision rates for high volume stock and/or future traders? If so is it a possiblity, or not going to happen?

6. Trent

Trent

Very interesting especially with IB's problems lately.

Anyone who uses Tradestation for futures any comments about the speed of executions and reliability?

Trent

7. That's why I have been with IB for so long. I mostly trade eminis, but from time to time swing trade stocks too, so it is a good deal.

But now I am moving my futures business. Have another futures account with Alaron, but never used it, now it's time to give it a shot...

8. r-in

r-in

Trent,
    I haven't had any majr problems, and seem to get fills quickly. I mainly use it for back up, but have ti up and do at least a few orders a day on it. I've had an order or 2 hang in cyberspace for a couple minutes twice, but resloved before I picked up the phone to call them. May have been on my end, but think it was theirs. Data has been flowing good during high volume times, and it seemed like DOM window kept price during news when charts lagged a bit, but I wasn't focused on them as much as I use X-Trader mainly and was staring at that.

9. Does their DOM support OCA orders? Reverse orders?

10. GTC

GTC

Hi MichaelD,

Depending on when I called Tradestation Securities, I got the following different information. Could you tell us which one of them is the Tradestation Securities' current offer:

A) If anyone opens an account, the platform fees will not be waived for the first month. It will be rather prorated for the remainder of August 2005. However, the new account owners will get first 10000 shares commission free. They will also get the September 2005's (and onwards) platform fees waived if they make certain number of trades in the previous month (i.e., August 2005)---including the first 10000 commission free shares trades.

B) If anyone opens an account in August, the platform fees will be waived for the first month (i.e., the remainder of August 2005). In addition, the new account owner will still get first 10000 shares commission free. They will also get the September 2005's (and onwards) platform fees waived if they make certain number of trades in the previous month (i.e., August 2005)---including the first 10000 commission free shares trades.

#10     Aug 4, 2005