Tradestation Securities Canning Canadians' Accounts with no notice or explanation

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lewdfinger, Sep 28, 2008.

1. So I got a call from TradeStation on Tuesday morning telling me that they were no longer doing brokerage business with clients from Alberta. My account would be de-activated as of the next day. No explanation.

I called my account representative and asked if he knew anything about it. He happily made some calls around the office. When he called me back and said that it was a business decision, that he was sorry, and hung up.

I spoke with another customer service rep who said he would check into switching my account to data-only and call me back. He never did.

I use Mirus/Ninja for my trading, and only opened a futures account for the data, but WTF? Anyone else get this treatment?

I'm obviously searching for a new data provider and charting platform, just out of principle. I'm liking Multicharts, and have a trial of Esignal going but it would be nice to have access to more tick and minute data.

Anyone know of a data source that has similar historical info to that of TradeStation?

Lewd