TradeStation Securities Announces New Lower Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by MichaelD, Aug 8, 2002.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Here's what I can tell you. I've worked with TradeStation 7 and it's currently being tested by our quality assurance team. I know QA is planning a long, thorough test period before it's released. No release date has been announced. Bill Cruz is planning on writing an article soon for www.tradestationworld.com that previews its functionality.

#31     Aug 12, 2002
  2. Kymar

Kymar

Sometimes I'm afraid that I'll finally place a trade for FARM just from having seen it so many times...

#32     Aug 12, 2002
  3. chaka68

chaka68

Dear JK9,

Thank you for the feedback you provided about your experience with Software Support. In your post, you described a very poor experience with Technical Support. It is the goal of everyone at TradeStation to provide a world-class service experience to our Clients. I would like an opportunity to work with you to resolve the issues you mentioned in your post.

Your feedback is important to me and I look forward to speaking with you. Please call Software Support at 1-800-292-3442 and ask for me.

Thank you,

Stephen Pepe, Jr.
    Director of Client Support
    TradeStation Technologies, Inc.”

#33     Aug 12, 2002
  4. PXG

PXG

When I looked at TS website a couple of days ago, I thought the new commission structure was the following:

1.2 cents/share for the first 500 shares
    0.6 cents/share for the shares over 500
    AND
    TS would substract 2 cents from each order

So the commission for e.g. 2000 shares would be $14.98.

But when I looked today, I can't find anything about those 2 cents beeing substracted from each order.

Am I mistaken about those 2 cents?
    Thanks.

#34     Aug 14, 2002
  5. Elysium

Elysium

hah!

I saw that too when I looked yesterday, now they've deleted it!

#35     Aug 14, 2002
  6. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

The goal of our new, lower per share commissions is to offer our clients a straight-forward, easy-to-calculate commission plan that offers more value than ever. In addition, as a symbolic gesture, we decided to deduct 2 cents from the total commission of each Equity order to let our clients know how important their feedback ("two cents") is to us.

Since then, the feedback from those very clients has been that deducting two cents from every order is confusing, and makes commissions harder to calculate--which of course is the opposite of our intention. So, based on client feedback, we are no longer removing the two cents from the total commission of each order.

We apologize for any confusion that our "We value your two cents" policy may have caused. We believe the value of our new lower per share commissions (1.2 cents per share for first 500 shares, and .6 cents per share for each share over 500 shares) speaks for itself, and we remain committed to continuing to share the benefits of our success with our clients in the future, and continuously reacting to your feedback and suggestions.

#36     Aug 14, 2002
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Is there any way to get Tradestation6 without having a Trading account open w/ Tradestation?

#37     Aug 14, 2002
  8. chaka68

chaka68

If you are interested in a TradeStation 6 subscription, you may subscribe by accessing www.TradeStation.com. Then, click on the link for "Subscription options for non-brokerage clients". After that, you follow the online instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please call 1-800-808-9336.

Thank you,

Stephen Pepe
    Director of Client Support
    TradeStation Technologies, Inc.

#38     Aug 14, 2002
  9. Does TS expect in near future to accept Canadian account? I know that TNO and Cyber will do it in September, does TS will do it also?

#39     Aug 14, 2002
  10. I use TS as a non-broker account, 200 USD per month. With the broker account is there any way to automate routing orders to a specific exchange without having to click on any dialog boxes, etc?

#40     Aug 20, 2002