TradeStation Securities Announces New Lower Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by MichaelD, Aug 8, 2002.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

Clients love the new TradeStation, but have told us they want us to add the powerful capabilities of RadarScreen and OptionStation (our other programs). I'm happy to announce that the next release of TradeStation will include these capabilities, plus much more historical intra-day data for equities and futures, window linking, charting of pre/post market, ECN books, Hot Keys, and much more. We're hard at work continuously improving your TradeStation.

#21     Aug 11, 2002
  2. JK9

JK9

You could charge 1/4 cent per share and I wouldn't use Tradestation--EVER!

I have experienced countless:

Crashes
    Slow Data
    20-minute hold times for support
    Rude Support Staff

In addition, Tradestation's lack of basic filtering criteria (like those found in First Alert or Insight) makes it worthless for several basic real-time strategies.

#22     Aug 11, 2002
  3. trader99

trader99

Sounds good. But I was wondering if it's possible to download the historical inraday data for equities into ASCII?

B/c in addition to TS, I use other offline tools for analysis,etc.

thanks.

#23     Aug 11, 2002
  4. C'mon, Michaeal, spill it - approx when is estimated release date for new version with hot keys, etc?

Thanks,

Paul

#24     Aug 11, 2002
  5. If tradestation incorporates the radar screen without charging more $, they will become more attractive, but acquire traders they I feel they will have to drop to an all in .01 per share.

Suppose something of this nature were to happen, I would consider using their platform for trend trading. My scalping business would remain elsewhere.

#25     Aug 11, 2002
  6. egusc

egusc

Over the 4 months that i have been a tradestation customer i have not had one crash or slow data. Never had long hold times or rude customer service. Some customer service personnel have very little knowledge about tradestation or even a general knowledge about trading, But they have never been anything but polite and tried to be helpful.

New features for TRadestation: The abliity to have NYSE open limit orders on both sides of the same stock. E mail of confimations(so they can lower commissions again). The ability to scan the entire market and a fliter for the $ gainers so i don't see stocks that have 20 trades on the lists.

i may switch to real expensive, i mean real tick until tradestation gets the improvements

Thanks

Eric

#26     Aug 11, 2002
  7. The same here: Over the 7 months that I have been a tradestation customer I have not had one crash or slow data. Had 1 or 2 days where I could not login for 20 to 30 minutes (around 10 am ET).

#27     Aug 12, 2002
  8. drdr

drdr

TradeStation is working well.

#28     Aug 12, 2002
  9. MichaelD

MichaelD TradeStation Securities

This can easily be done in TradeStation 6. Here are the steps: Load the desired data into a chart, choose View Data Window from main menu and then click on the Save icon in the data window. You may want to check out www.tradestationworld.com. It's a site operated by our technologies affiliate dedicated to helping TradeStation users, and it has helpful discussion boards for software support and assistance.

#29     Aug 12, 2002
  10. Concerning slow data, I have noticed over the last few weeks that several NYSE stocks were receiving slow data updates or in some cases the bid/ask & bidsize/asksize were not updating. These quotes were being compared to Cybertrader and also other sources. And this was during slow market times. I've been a TS6 user since 2000 and this is not usual so I'm at a loss to explain the reasons for the recent slow data.

What I would really like to see in TS6 is a way for a third party program to send orders to TS6, i.e. an API. The current ability to autoexecute orders just doesn't cut it.

Echo

#30     Aug 12, 2002