TradeStation Securities Announces New Lower Commissions

Discussion in 'Events' started by MichaelD, Aug 8, 2002.

1. mktman

mktman

?????????

#11     Aug 9, 2002
  2. jisoosun

jisoosun

Michael,

I use TS6 and love your commision structure.
    I just have one question about the software.
    Can we create a link between level II box and chart like RealTick?

Thanks.

Jisoo Sun

#12     Aug 9, 2002
  3. F1Trader

F1Trader

Does the ????????? mean you are unaware of competition or just ignorant ?????????

#13     Aug 9, 2002
  4. Not for the moment, but if you read their message about the next release, it will have this feature, but no time release for it.

#14     Aug 9, 2002
  5. mktman

mktman

Hope you can get real and find a real life.

You mean there's competition? No!
    DUH.

Very happy with TS commish.
    Why?
    Scaling in and out.
    All depends on your style of trading as to what rate is best (per share vs ticket).

Now Are you ignorant??????????

#15     Aug 9, 2002
  6. F1Trader

F1Trader

I am only here to lend educational advice. If you just crossed the street you could find so much more.

#16     Aug 10, 2002
  7. Kymar

Kymar

Yeah, all the great teachers I know depend on insults, arrogance, condescension, and pointless reticence in order to get their messages across.

I take it from your posts elsewhere on ET that when you call the TS commission structure "terrible," you're comparing it to scalper's rates in a prop. firm context. TS is most decidedly not a scalping platform - it doesn't even include hot keys yet or even more than the most primitive point-and-click capacity. Those will be in the next big upgrade, supposedly, though I can't figure out why they've gone to per-share pricing before adding these features - as if a major upgrade would be needed just to include these basic software capacities - but that's another issue.

For the kind of traders toward whom I believe TS has been oriented - unlicensed, merely "active" traders mostly trading from home offices - there may not be anyone other than IB who can beat the new schedule, and, personally, I find TS's platform, datafeed, and customer services to be good value for the extra ca. .002/share. Even Pointdirex is currently more expensive (after pass-through and ECN fees) unless you're doing well more than 25k shares a day, and, in many instances, even then.

If I were doing more than 25k shares a day in a scalping mode, I'd be very unlikely to be using TS6, but if I wanted to use TS6 and I was trading in large size and/or at a very high frequency, I'd also look into whatever further discounts or considerations I might negotiate. There are probably several other EDAT brokers you could work deals with also.

If you know of some alternatives already out there that are better and relevant, why don't you reveal them instead of wasting our time with your self-important and completely uninformative posts?

#17     Aug 10, 2002
  8. Spark

Spark

when there is competition among brokers, it is in the advantage of consumers like us....IB's fee is still lower than tradestation, but IB need to incorporate trailing stops in emini, and we want dynamic charting in its TWS

#18     Aug 10, 2002
  9. umm ......."we" don't want charting in tws. That's what Esignal, QCharts, Real Tick, etc are for.

#19     Aug 10, 2002
  10. F1Trader

F1Trader

I am not entirely speaking of scalpers, and prop firms. I am speaking of individuals who trade from their own accounts using their own capital. Check out Andover in NYC, phenominal rates. If you are trading from your own residence then you might have a problem beating those TS rates.

#20     Aug 11, 2002