TradeStation Securities announces new commissions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by activetraderfor, Mar 27, 2002.

1. same here. back in former times i wasnt aware of the linking feature. but as i found out about it, i got used to it. cant live without it anymore.
    even it might be not that important to tradestation developers, i consider it a really powerful tool.

good night,

kev

#31     Mar 27, 2002
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

After using RealTick for a few years, I would never be satisfied with a lesser program (it would have to be better).

Catoosa

#32     Mar 28, 2002
  3. They (Tradestation) now say linking will be in the next version.

Don't know why it wasn't written in to the current version, as it seems a rather trivial feature to program.

#33     Mar 28, 2002
  4. did they give you a date for next version

#34     Mar 28, 2002
  5. Nope, got this info from the open letter posted on their site. If enough people say they won't use the software because of this, they'll get right on it.

#35     Mar 28, 2002
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

I don't know if I'll use the software if/when they add linking capabilities.....but I know I won't even consider it if they don't.

#36     Mar 29, 2002
  7. THAT'S GOTTA BE THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR... FOR WHAT YOU GET FROM TRADESTATION, NOT ONLY DOES IB HAVE WORRIES, BUT MB TRADING AND CYBERTRADER HAVE GOT EVEN GREATER WORRIES...

I AM GOING TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER SWITCHING MY DAYTRADING, SWINGTRADING AND INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS TO TRADESTATION, AS A RESULT OF THESE AMAZING COMMISSIONS AND THEIR FULLY INTEGRATED PLATFORM...

MB TRADING AND CYBERTRADER REPS LURKING ON THIS BOARD SHOULD TAKE NOTE THAT WHAT TRADESTATION HAS DONE IS TRAILBLAZING, AND THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE RESPONSE... MATCH TRADESTATION OR LOSE CLIENTS...

WELL DONE, TRADESTATION, FOR SETTING NEW STANDARDS IN THE TRADE-OFF BETWEEN LOW COMMISSIONS AND ANAYTICS... WITH TRADESTATION, THERE IS NO TRADE-OFF...

#37     Mar 29, 2002
  8. Axiom

Axiom

Hmmmm.... I've been a TradeStation brokerage customer for several months now and this is the first I've heard of this. I wish they would have sent out an e-mail on this. Do you have to call and request this fee structure or is this automatic for everyone?

#38     Mar 29, 2002
  9. PXG

PXG

Axiom,
    you need to sign a form for the new fee structure:

http://www.tradestation.com/pdf/fees_pricingform.pdf

#39     Mar 29, 2002

10. How is this cheaper than IB?

1.2c vs .0075/0050

3.99 perside vs 2.40 per side

...looks like double the cost to me.

#40     Mar 29, 2002