TradeStation Securities announces new commissions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by activetraderfor, Mar 27, 2002.

1. datafeed def. better than qcharts - more stable & reliable.
    go to the software section on elitetrader and read my review pn 'tradestation 6'. it points out the major problems.

kev//

#21     Mar 27, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Kicking,

If you could dig up who this broker is, would appreciate it. Doubt that it's TN? Thanks.

#22     Mar 27, 2002
  3. new fees sound nice but their software sucks.until they fix it cant use it.
    the problem is no chart linking.you have to enter a stock 5 times to trade it.you have to enter in level 2 then time and sales then 1 min chart then 10 min chart then daily chart.you cant drag and drop symbol either you have to type it in every place.major drawback.might be ok for someone who just trades qqq or something.

#24     Mar 27, 2002
  4. PKJR

PKJR

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TYPE: GLOBAL QQQ or GLOBAL ESM02

it replaces with the specified symbol all charts (not sure about Level 2)

Knowledge is the power !!!

I am long time TS user and there are certain things I could not do without it...for everything else there is AMEX

#25     Mar 27, 2002
  5. hmm that works.funny ts never told me that in the 20 times i emailed them.
    how do i handle this.i have 10 charts of differant stocks.when i type global stock it changes them all.dont want that to happen.also it doesnt enter in level 2 or time and sales.

#26     Mar 27, 2002
  6. Clearing through Bear Stearn. Does that make the short list longer?

It does have a good short lsit. Yippee... gonna give it a try.

#27     Mar 27, 2002
  7. Don't like the sound of this no linking talk. How could they issue trading software without that feature?

With Cyber you can custom link any chart and L2 box, so you only enter the symbol once (you can click on any symbol as well, to load it into L2, and all linked charts)

#28     Mar 27, 2002
  8. i know the global-feature, but what if you have charts on your screen that you dont wanna change?
    what if you have a 1 3 5 15 30 d chart of xyz and nas-& es-futures?
    every chart (including futures-charts) will be changed to xyz.
    and then you still have to change at least 2 symbols manually + you have to enter xyz in t&s and lvl2. so 'global' is not a real option here imo.
    further it takes quite some time until all the charts are changed unless you happen to have the data in your cache....

kev//

#29     Mar 27, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

karabugla,

Thanks for the url. I looked at them a while back, think I'll take a looksee again and see if anything has changed.

On an unrelated note, can't believe TradeStation doesn't allow linking?! Amazing. Been using that capability for too long (first with Cyber, now with Realtick), won't do without it, can't do without it.

#30     Mar 27, 2002