TradeStation SEC Fees ????

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderBob, May 31, 2002.

1. Kymar

Kymar

If you're going to insist on continuing your one-man campaign against Tradestation, you should at least try to keep your information up to date.

Even setting aside the peculiarity of your personal situation, which you have elsewhere gone on and on about at great length, but which seems to have amounted to little more than a month or so's confusion and delay getting a $100 data fee refunded, you're talking about a prior version of Tradestation, under a different fee schedule.

The current version of Tradestation, under the current flat-rate commission schedule, makes keeping track of precise trade details, including fees, very easy - in real-time, at the end of the day, and historically. It's likewise easy to check the accounting with Excel. The peculiar question of SEC fees has been dealt with by others. ECN fees no longer figure into the equation at all.

Even the pre-upgrade, pre-flat rate fees, and so on were available on-line if you knew where to look. At some point a few months ago, they apparently were not doing a very good job informing clients where to look. Maybe that has to do with the changeovers and growth spurt they were undergoing. Whatever the explanation, that's ancient history by now.

#11     Jun 1, 2002
  2. angelo

angelo

I'd like to see a TS ad on for calculating P&L, etc.; but as far as them ripping you off, it's just not true. They clear Bear Stearns. You get a BS confirm of every trade you make with commisons and SEC fees broken out. You get them in the mail and they are available online.

Their commision structure is perfect for people who like to scale in and out and data fee (if not waived) is very reasonable.

TraderC must have gotten a bad clam.

#12     Jun 1, 2002
  3. TraderC

TraderC

Kymar:

Hey, I didn't start this thread discussing about the shortcomings of TradeStation. If everything is so sweet and great, I wonder why others would even bother to post. Go back and read what TraderBob and PXG have said -- "TS is still not showing ALL amounts debited and credited to one's account. " Why don't you respond to them?

Regarding getting my $100 data fee, $100 is a small sum for me, but it's an even smaller sum for TS. If trying to get back a $100 "mistake" requires so much trouble of me, imagine trying to get back a much bigger "mistake". I have done online trading for 8 years with many brokers but I have never seen one with this low quality of service.

You can call it confusion or delay all you want. Nothing was done for me for 4 weeks until I came public with my story. I wish someone had warned me about TradeStation before I opened my account!

#13     Jun 2, 2002