Tradestation Scanner not giving expected results

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Robert Weinstein, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I tried running a scan with TS scanner with the following fields of scan

1. min volume limit
    2. min price limit
    3. max price limit
    4. Show me (custom based on my EL code that I wrote) with an Operator of "True"

It scans ALL stocks but gives no results.(even though in radar it will give positive results)

I also have a list of about 1000 stocks in RadarScreen that the showme is used in and it works fine.

My goal is to be able to scan more than just the stocks in my list for the same setups that are in my radar scan. So far I can make simple scans that are not based on my EL work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Robert

2. My experience is the same as yours. I have not been able to get a single scan to work with any of my indicators. I’m guessing, but may be scanner does not work with indicators that reference functions. All my indicators use functions.

3. It appears when I add a custom ShowMe that includes "average(close,90)" (acutally includes other moving averages as well I get a little tiny 'I' in the left corner of the area where I would expect the results to be.

It looks like the scanner is not able to look that far back and/or able to use moving averages ???