Tradestation Question

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by maxross, Dec 27, 2005.

1. maxross

maxross

I am looking for a simple way to scan throught the Radar Screen for intraday stock trading up a specified amount on a significant increase in volume. I have no experience with EasyLanguage and cannot find anything in RadarScreen to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help!

2. While you are not specific enough to properly answer, I think what you ask for is possible. What do you mean by "trading up"? Is that intraday or day over day, for example. Same for "increase volume"-by how much and is it intraday or day over day or something else. Are you comparing the stock of interest to itself or to another stock or to an index?

Also, RS is not a very good scanner; it is more suited to monitoring a list of stocks. It can not scan the entire market because of its limit of around 1000 stocks.

DS

3. maxross

maxross

Doug,

Thanks for the reply, I mean the stock is trading up (lets say at lease a few % points) above yesterdays close on volume that is, lets say, 150% greater than its average daily volume.

I realize that Radarscreen can only monitor up to 1000 stocks, but wanted to see if there was an easy way to insert those criterias, to make my scanning a little easier.

thanks