TradeStation - pros and cons please?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sponger, Jul 20, 2006.

1. TS was my main broker until now. I am transferring funds into another broker at the end of the month. Will leave a minimum amount in the account just for the charting. I think its 9 futures round trips a month and the charting is free. TS just not reliable enough right now.

#41     Jul 24, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Makes sense. TS thought to be the best charting package, MB or IB thought to be the best brokers and good data is available from several outlets, better to unbundle the whole thing, take the responsibility to get the new setup working and use the best of breed in each category. Besides which, fees are less with IB on first 500 shares if it's stocks you are dealing in.

#42     Jul 24, 2006
  3. that's amazing. that issue has been outstanding for months. i had brought it up on the sppt forum at one point and it was fixed, at least briefly

#43     Jul 24, 2006
  4. Well hopefully whoever posted this thread is getting a good idea of what is going on at TS lately. Just do a quick search for TradeStation and you'll find plenty of reviews for your research.

#44     Jul 25, 2006
  5. Just an update...the problem with spikes on the Euro (EC) contract has now been acknowledged as a CME problem by the CME...apparently it goes back to some change the CME implemented in July to accomodate spread trading...

I haven't checked the TS forums....once I saw the problem on ESignal as well as TS, I didn't see how it could be a TS only problem...and it isn't....

#45     Jul 30, 2006
  6. It's true that it this problem comes from the CME, but Tradestation can still prevent these spikes from showing on the charts. Realtick and CQG have built in filters to filter those ticks out. So yes, technically its a CME problem but TS and Esignal should have filters already in place.

#46     Jul 30, 2006
  7. The problem was erroneously reported as a TradeStation data problem by the poster I responded to...it isn't...

I am happy other data providers have artificially corrected the CME's mistakes....I find no fault with TS in not doing so....

I see no reason to trade ANY contract where users have to rely on "filters" to correct an erroneous data feed....but that's just me...

#47     Jul 30, 2006
  8. I think they charge customers for CME data feeds. It's not free with 10 trades like their website states.

#48     Jul 30, 2006